PDA

View Full Version : nj weather

bobcatnj
02-06-2006, 08:04 AM
is it 2 cold out to do a walkway?is the ground frozen?should i wait till march?i need 3 days to do this walkway. everything is getting done by hand and a tiller, no big machines. im in central nj

GreenMonster
02-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Based on the weather up here, you MIGHT be ok. We have little to no frost in the ground, but they are calling for colder weather in the next few weeks.

You should be able to excavate easily enough, and as long as your base agg does not freeze and clump, probably ok too. Get a couple insulated blankets, and cover at night to prevent base from freezing.

Watch the weather and find 3-4 nice days and go for it.

bigviclbi
02-06-2006, 06:16 PM
I wish I had some work to do, i don't schedule from jan-mid march but you can DEFINATELY dig in the ground right now. This weather is ridiculously nice.

Henry
02-06-2006, 06:29 PM
We stopped working for a little while because of that 8" snow in Dec. but since then we've done 4 more jobs. I like that the guys are working but things definitely go slower at this time of the year. We cover the jobs with those insulated concrete blankets at the end of every day to keep things from freezing overnight.

NNJLandman
02-06-2006, 08:04 PM
We've done a few things like do some cleanups and stuff that we didnt get to finish during fall, I've been mostly doing estimates, looking at work and promoting business lately, trying to pick up some construction jobs because the weather has been on and off nice, the money would be nice.

Jeff