PDA

View Full Version : Step Job

NNJLandman
02-06-2006, 02:03 PM
Hey guys was hoping someone could give me some input into what I should be charging for a job like the one I just got a call for. Guy wants the set of steps he currently has knocked out, all it really is a platform....just a step up off the sidewalk onto a platform... He wants me to rebuild it with wall block. Anyway, the size of the platform is 4'5" on the one side 5' across the front and 4'5" down the other side. The platform is going to be two block high all the way around so I'm figuring I need about 30 block(versa-lok) for the whole project, then I'll need about 15 pavers for the inside of the bloack and bullnose for the step all the way around about 40 bullnose I figured. Plus other misc. materials, sand, QP, pins, glue, plus the price to remove the old platform which is cinder block and brick/concrete. The price I came up with was $850.00 but it just doesnt seem right. Maybe yall could help me out.

Thanks

Jeff

Edgewater
02-06-2006, 02:41 PM
seems about right for our market here. Disposal is $$$ and material is $$$ and labor is $$$ = a job that is $$$$payup

Adam