PDA

View Full Version : i got robbed

METRO 36
02-06-2006, 11:45 PM
some one tried to brake into my shed, but they couldnt get in so the tore a couple of board's off the back and they reached in and took a still trimmer,edger,and a still chain saw. I guess they got scared or interupted or didnt have the room to load my other equipment because the barn wasnt locked and they didnt take my 36,21,areator,rope's,harness,ladder's,saddle's,chap's,bridle's,etc.

LLandscaping
02-06-2006, 11:54 PM
I it's terrible that a working man can't have equipment without worrying about someone stealing it. Will your insurance cover the equipment that was taken?

CutRight
02-06-2006, 11:57 PM
my next investment would be a gun

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC
02-07-2006, 12:02 AM
Sorry to hear about that. You can never have too much security on your things. I hope your insurance will help you out or you get your stuff back.

mybabyciv
02-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Did you have homeowners? Hope all is well. My equipment is my kids!

procut
02-07-2006, 12:13 AM
wow, that sux man, hope your insurance comes through.

clallen03
02-07-2006, 12:39 AM
This is getting crazy! Here in Atlanta, companies were getting robbbed in the field while mowing lawns. Two guys would just walk up to the employees with a gun and tell them to load up the equipment. Once they got the trailer loaded up they pulled the trailer away the truck they pulled up in. This had become a major issue here in Atlanta, it was even on the news. I dont think they were ever caught.

Anyone from Atlanta remember hearing about this last year?

METRO 36
02-07-2006, 01:10 AM
the dog's were penned and i got guns but i wasnt home

METRO 36
02-07-2006, 01:11 AM
the insurance will cover the chain saw but i just got the trimmer and edger and they werent covered yet

sheshovel
02-07-2006, 01:14 AM
DAYUM!!That hurts!Well have to put in a motion detection alarm now..inexpensive and worth it.They put them in houses and barns and garages.Horses may set it off though but not in the shed.

work_it
02-07-2006, 01:50 AM
I've been quite fortunate. The only thing that has been stolen from me was gas cans. I knew who it was and knew he would be back for more; so I pulled a quick one on him. I replaced the gas cans and bought a couple extra just for him :p . What he didn't know was the ones I left out for him only had about 1" of gas in the bottom before I topped them off with water. Somehow he made it back home before the car died, and then he let it sit for about 2 months. Guess he couldn't afford a new motor because it's not there anymore, and now he doesn't need to steal my gas. Problem solved.

imograss
02-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Thats funny workit. I wouldn't rely on your homeowners ins. covering stolen equipment. If it is used commercially, you will need to have a seperate policy.

TURFLORD
02-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Motion lighting. Cheap and effective. Easy for the do-it-yourselfer. Don't overload the circuit. I've been fortunate, never had anything stolen from the shop (knock forehead).:gunsfirin

qps
02-07-2006, 11:56 AM
Thats funny workit. I wouldn't rely on your homeowners ins. covering stolen equipment. If it is used commercially, you will need to have a seperate policy.

Exactly right....I also wouldn't turn in one chainsaw on a claim, not worth it with how the insurance companys screw everyone over now. example I was going to change my insurance companys (better rates) I spend over 7k annually on business and other policies, but because my old house was hit by a tornando 4 years ago, no other company would insure my new home????:realmad:

walker-talker
02-07-2006, 12:28 PM
Yeah...that sucks. Last summer My German Shepard was poisoned and had to be put down. The following night my truck was broke into. Looked like they were looking for the keys. The only thing missing was a $100 calculator. He was a well behaved dog that had been put through obedience training. I will replace him this spring with a new dog. Since then I put up a 250ft privacy fence and haven't had any problems yet...know on wood.

METRO 36
02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
i think im going to have to turn that chain saw in it was still 66, cost me alot.
ill have to find my recipt but i now it was over 600.00!!

METRO 36
02-07-2006, 05:01 PM
the barn is usally locked but i left it open for the vet to use the stock's (this is seprate from the horse barn) light's would help and if my dog's were out they wouldnt have gotten to the shed,but this was abought 1oclock in the afternoon.

Rev. Crabgrass
02-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Hate that happened to you. It really gets me that people would steal the tools that someone makes their living with. Its bad enough that people are disrespectful and selfish enough to steal in the first place, but tools of the trade is a step below scum.

REV.

befnme
02-07-2006, 06:32 PM
go look @ the local pawnshop . when people pawn thing they have to show id and the serial gets recorded so if you spot your equipment then you will know who pawned it.

steviepowers
02-09-2006, 04:49 PM

Hell Yea. Then you could have emptied a couple of clips into the air the next morning when you found out what happened. That'll show 'em. Get a big 'un.

Tadams
02-09-2006, 06:39 PM
I remember when that was going on in Atlanta. People were getting their whole truck & trailer stole from in front of customers houses while the guys were mowing! One guy was in a turn lane to go left and a truck pulled up beside him to turn right and 2 guys jumped out and into the back of his trailer and stole his trimmers, edgers and blowers- then they jumped back into their truck and hauled A@# the other way!

METRO 36
02-09-2006, 08:14 PM
police found my chain saw but the guy gave the i bought from some guy outside a bar type story and i cant prove he didn't, and maybe he did get it from some body he didn't no but when you get a saw like that for 75.00 you know it's hot. no luck on the trimmer or edger yet. the guy's is going to get charge's for buying stolen murchendise at this point.

the scaper
02-09-2006, 08:27 PM
This is getting crazy! Here in Atlanta, companies were getting robbed in the field while mowing lawns. Two guys would just walk up to the employees with a gun and tell them to load up the equipment. Once they got the trailer loaded up they pulled the trailer away the truck they pulled up in. This had become a major issue here in Atlanta, it was even on the news. I don't think they were ever caught.

Anyone from Atlanta remember hearing about this last year?
Yea I remember it. I mentioned it not long ago in another thread about stolen equipment showing up in Ohio or Alabama or somewhere. I'd either hand them the keys, or take their face off with a weed wacker, which ever works best at the moment!

E-Z Green
02-09-2006, 08:59 PM
LOL!!! Such imaaagination.

METRO 36
02-10-2006, 02:39 PM
I carry a 9mm everyday (have cwp all legal like) if they tried that with me they might get me but im takeing as many as i can with me before i go.

work_it
02-10-2006, 02:48 PM
I carry a 9mm everyday (have cwp all legal like) if they tried that with me they might get me but I'm taking as many as i can with me before i go.
Now honestly, why would you want to kill somebody? It's not like they're putting your life in peril. That statement is simply immature. I've been in much worse situations (recently) and haven't gone to that kind of extreme.

Creative Lawn Care
02-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Immature for a man to protect the equipment that he uses to feed his family!!?? I strongly disagree. If a person is too sorry to work and earn their own money and they decide to try and rob me of my hard earned tools, then he deserves whatever happens to him. I also carry concealed. I have worked too hard for what I have to let some dead beat druggie take my stuff. If that is immature then I guess I am just immature.

work_it
02-10-2006, 08:28 PM
It's good to know that you put more value on a trimmer and a blower than another humans life. I guess you just answered the age-old question, 'What's a person's life worth?' .....Oh....about $850 give or take a few bucks.

Maybe I should change my stance on gun control. I've always supported the second amendment, but obviously there's a glitch in the system. Maybe we need to start requiring a psycho analysis before issuing permits.

topsites
02-10-2006, 09:38 PM
go look @ the local pawnshop . when people pawn thing they have to show id and the serial gets recorded so if you spot your equipment then you will know who pawned it.

Come to think of it, check with your dealer:

My dealer keeps any and all serial numbers of anything I have ever bought from him on file, for life. Doesn't matter if I no longer own it or I threw it away years ago, he has the serial number(s) for it.

When something gets stolen, RUN to the dealer first, and if they have the serial (they should), have them enter it into the computer's national database as stolen equipment - Should your stolen equipment ever go in for a repair after that, anywhere in the USA at any half-baked repair shop it will come up as stolen, it will be confiscated and you will get a phone call.

That's the first thing you do.
The next thing you do, if your dealer does not have the serials, time to look for one who will.

METRO 36
02-10-2006, 09:49 PM
yes i would. if someone stuck a gun in my face i wouldnt hesitate to shoot them,number one I dont know if they are going to shoot me or just take my equipment and im not waiting to find out. number 2 if they get a way with it once odds are they will doit again and it will get more violant as they go because they will be on a power trip. number 3 you commented would you really want to go to that extreme it's not like there putting your life in peril? Yes when some one put's a gun in your face your life is in peril, i dont know if you were reading the whole post but i am refering to the post I believe it was in atlanta that criminal's were pulling gun's on lco's and there crew's and takeing there equipment at gun point. If that's not putting your life in peril then what is.Any time a gun is put in your face your life is in peril,they could even accidently shot you and not even mean too get nervous,trip, get jumpy,be strung out on some thing,etc. number 4 i have a wife and 3 kid's to come home to every night and im not going to let anyone take away what put's a roof over there head or food on there table.and id do the same to any one trying to steal some of my horses that are worth anywhere from 2000 to 50,000 if you want to that's your business, im not saying your wrong but that's just not the way i see it. just like i think a gun in my face is peril apparently you dont think that is life threating. As far as your comment that im apparently psycho, i think that makeing a comment like that abought someone else's opion that you dont happen to agree with is immature. another thing as far as gun control go's there isa lower crime rate in area's that allow cwp than place's that do not, and as far as your comment on changing your mind on the second ammenment right to bear arm's. the only people you will be helping ar the one's that might take your equipment one day at gun point.

METRO 36
02-10-2006, 09:52 PM
good idea topsite i never thought of that and i have a list of serial number's in my truck and my house.

mkwl
02-10-2006, 11:44 PM

LOL, sorry to hear about your misfortune...what is the world coming to?:mad:

work_it
02-10-2006, 11:55 PM
No, I admit I skipped some of the posts like #8 talking about being held up at gunpoint. But then again I never heard it on the news either. For the record I'm not opposed to someone defending their life. I am opposed to people having gun fights in our cities and towns. I am opposed to stray bullets hitting innocent people.

Now to take a moment to address some of your comments.....

Metro36 "if someone stuck a gun in my face i wouldnt hesitate to shoot them,number one I dont know if they are going to shoot me or just take my equipment and im not waiting to find out."

If you have a gun in your face and go to pull out a gun...bang! bang! You're dead. Guess you won't be around to take care of your family. If you shoot them while they're leaving that's called 2nd degree murder, but stand a chance of being prosecuted for 1st degree murder if somebody knows your intentions to kill anybody who pulls a gun on you.
Metro36 "if they get a way with it once odds are they will doit again and it will get more violant as they go because they will be on a power trip"

I guess the same goes for you. If you got away with being a vigilante I guess you'ld just keep killing too. You know...that power trip you mentioned?

Metro36 "As far as your comment that im apparently psycho, i think that makeing a comment like that abought someone else's opion that you dont happen to agree with is immature."

No...anything but immature. And I still think it's a good idea to keep guns out of the hands of psychos, criminals, and people who have a total lack of reguard for human life.........Oh, and people who can't spell or use punctuation good enough to fill out the proper forms. Hummm.....I can see why you would oppose that.

Metro36 "as far as your comment on changing your mind on the second ammenment right to bear arm's. the only people you will be helping ar the one's that might take your equipment one day at gun point."

Point addressed above; as well as the point on spelling and punctuation.

METRO 36
02-11-2006, 11:05 AM
work it

I do know the value of human life, and i do not want a gun fight in the middle of the street. Im not saying shoot the first guy that grab's a trimmer and run's,but if i know my life is in peril i will defend myself.

I do not have a power trip, I do believe i have the right to defend myself,and im not a vigilante.

and I know proper english and punctutation when im not in a hurry, and i havent typed on a computer since for like 6 year's until i joined this forum. SO dont assume im some ****** because of the way i type. As far as getting my CWP i have passed a written exam,background check,(clean record)live fire, and 10 hour's of class's overr the year's takeing test and renewing my CWP.It's not like they pass these permit's to anyone who walk's in.

Now maybe my choice of word's in the post that started all this was a bad choice of word's but what i meant is. I will defend my equipment and i will defend myself, and i will use whatever force is neccesary,if my life is in peril i will you use deadly force,(at the point my life is in peril it's not abought a trimmer or a mower it's abought my life) that's what i meant not that i want to shooting everybody or become a LAWN MAN BY DAY AND METRO MAN BYNIGHT CRIME FIGHTING VIGILANTE, That's not the case and i would frown upon anyone doeing so.

one more thing work it have you ever had a gun stuck in your face,or have you ever been shot. my older brother is not what id call a stand up guy, when i was in highschool he owed some money to a couple of drug dealer's. Well they couldnot find him but they found me walking to sonic one of them stuck a gun in my face and told me to tell my brother he better bring them there money(100 dollar's) I managed to pull away and run but from a distance of abought 90 feet one of them shot me in the back with a load of bird shot, It didnt do much harm at that point but if it would have been buckshot or a slug i wouldnt be here today.Those 2 guy's are still on the street today in south texas, oh yeah they did 6 month's of bootcamp and some probation, now the are linked to one of the biggest drug cartel's in south texas. when that happened i never felt so helpless, I was only 16 year's old. you can say whatever you want abought me and my opionion's but that is why i have CWP

befnme
02-11-2006, 04:36 PM
i dont mean to take sides but i hate it when , just because some one misspells something or forgets punctuation they are idiots. as far as the gun fight i am tellin ya now that i carry everywhere i go .no i do not a cwp but as long as i keep my weapon in visible sight i am not in violation . this comes from knowledge obtained by me when i worked for sampson co. sheriff dept. but just because i have it dosent mean i will shoot someone .it will be nice though if someone robs you and the second they turn to run you fire a warning shot into the air .hopefully they will stop and you will have the upper hand to get your stuff back and keep them covered untill the authorities arrive .and lastly to not do anything when the situation arises and just let them get away with it suggests that you support crime .if you dont help controll it then imo you are an enabler .unless they are punished somehow either by me or the law they will infact not give a second thought about doing it again .

METRO 36
02-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I agree with you punction comment most of the time im on the computer im in a hurry. I dont even know where all the key's are lol, and just because i dont spell something write or forget a space here and there your stupid illeterate hillbilly, not just on this thread not picking on anybody perticular. One of the first post i made some commented man that was the longest sentince i ever heard.

that was just enough to make not want to post anymore, this a lawn site isnt it not a grammar lesson. but i do understand when you cant even read the post but that is rare, even then they dont have to be so rude and harsh. I think you should concentrate on what there trying to say or ask and not how they spell the quietion (provideing you can read it).

work_it
02-11-2006, 05:57 PM
Well now....grammar lessons are out of the question, but there's no excuse for the horrible spelling. After reading those last 3 comments it dawned on me that maybe, just maybe, nobody's instructed either of you how to use the spell check feature provided on this forum. First, click on the "Go Advanced" button below the message window you're typing your response in. Second, click on the "Spell Check" button on the bottom right of the new message window. Correct your spelling errors, click on "Finished Checking", and then click on the button marked "Insert in Document". BINGO!!! You're done. Then click on "Submit Reply" as normal.

One other thing. You're not going to get a lot of good responses when people have a hard time reading your posts. You want answers to your questions and say that you're just trying to type as fast as you can; trying to save yourself time. What about people who could possibly help you or have the answers you're seeking. Is their time not valuable to them? Do you think they want to spend extra time trying to decipher your writing? It comes down to a give and take situation. They'll be more willing to give you good responses if you're willing to take the extra minute to make it legible.

Keep in mind that I didn't just write all this out to be hateful or give you a hard time. I took my time, which I value, to try to help you.

the scaper
02-11-2006, 08:17 PM
I have plenty of guns, AND a carry permit, however I would stihl rather take their face off with a weed wacker. It could only make the story better! Also, I always use the spell check underneath the message box. "work it" thanks for clarifying your stance.

lawnmaniac883
02-11-2006, 08:56 PM
Give the guy a break work-it, if you cant read that post then forget about it. Dont go bashing him in because he doesnt take the time to compose a perfect post for a lawn mowing forum.

As for the whole gun deal, eye for an eye IMO. If someone pulls a gun on you with ANY intent to shoot you, then you sure as hell have the right to pull a gun and shoot them. Oh, sorry that is correct, I am immature now for making an opinion on where I stand.

METRO 36
02-11-2006, 09:04 PM
back to the subject the police department called me this morning and the guy cracked I went down earlier and got my edger and trimmer back, also i typed in my comment's that i understand where some of the post(some of mine included are hard to read) but other's where maybe one word is mispelled or a forgotten coma etc. those are the one's where it make's me wonder if someone is reading a post or gradeing it.

METRO 36
02-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Im not saying that people shouldn't use spell check i agree with that. I will say that you shouldnt judge a person IQ on a post, I know some people who are very smart but they dont even know how to type. That's like going to a mechanic shop and saying the thingy majigee is broken and it sound's like the belt slipped off my radio. That mechanic might say wow what a moron, or he might say that guy surely not a mechanic. Doe's that make him a total idiot? You never know that same guy might be Bill gate's. hammer

Do any of you guy's have security system if so what are your opion's of some of the better system out there? Thinking of installing one anyone have any suggestions or opions.