PDA

View Full Version : Installing a Chopped Stone Border

Green Elegance
02-07-2006, 01:20 PM
Hello and good day,
Just wanted to know if anyone can offer some help with installing a chopped stone border. I am going to use 4inch chopped stone, no mortar, just a dry install. The area is approx 300 linear ft, with some rounded areas.
What should I charge per lin. ft. and will it require a trench w/ sand, and should I use a brickset to cut the pieces as needed or a wet saw?
Any ideas.........? Sorry, I am very new to the business of lawn & landscape and I am learning as I go. Just a weekend business at the moment, but have enough work in line for the next 2months.

Thank you,
Dan

sheshovel
02-09-2006, 10:53 PM
Well Dan if I had any idea of just what you are talking about I would try and help you...Please define "a chopped stone border"??

Green Elegance
02-09-2006, 11:32 PM
SheShovel,
Sorry, chopped stone is basically rectangle stone that comes in 4-8inch width and approx 12-16in in length. Used to create plant bed borders, can be mortared or dry install. Has a variety of uses, retaining walls, pillars........

hortiscape
02-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Do you mean cobblstone?

Green Elegance
02-10-2006, 06:01 PM
This is the Hardscape area correct?
Maybe my lingo is incorrect.
Thanks,
Green Elegance

hortiscape
02-10-2006, 10:56 PM
I apologize if I seem off base here, but in 19 years of hardscaping I have never heard of chopped stone border.
Anybody else? How much do they cost? What is the border around or next to?
What do mean by rounded area's.

kootoomootoo
02-10-2006, 11:00 PM
chopped = outcrop?

Green Elegance
02-10-2006, 11:06 PM
No problem..............like i said I am new, its probably my lingo. Its just a plant bed border, laid in linear fashion with stone, stacked on top, usign a dry app or wet app. Simple as that, just wanted to know an idea on pricing per linear foot. As I said, thanks anyway.........I have my answer already.

-Dan