PDA

View Full Version : Pricing a mulch job with pebbles

boxoffire
02-07-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm new at doing this kind of work really, but I was wondering about how much to charge a lady to put out 2 yards of rock/pebble mulch in her flower beds that currently have old pinestraw I will have to remove first and replace with the rocks. Called local landscape supply for price on pebbles and it was $40/yard and $25 delivery fee. So I can tell her that much of her bill will be approx. $105 and not sure how much to tell her for doing it. No clue here, but just thinking about it, the rocks will probably have to be moved around 20-40ft (I hope) with wheelbarrel, seems like I could get everything done in about 3 hours or less so maybe $125??? Thanks for your opinions.

Adam

sheshovel
02-07-2006, 06:33 PM
ok 1st thing is you need to make a little money on the pebbles + you need to add your local tax to that $105.00 amnt so the rock and delivery to her will be $130.00+whatever tax is on 105.00 amnt.
Next you need to charge her for removal of the old mulch and disposal of it if you have to do that..say $75.00 to $100.00 then you charge her for putting down some pre-emergent herbicide before you put the rock down.
Then you charge her the $125.00 added to the rest of the charges above.