PDA

View Full Version : Hamton Inn Quote.

mad_wrestler
02-07-2006, 06:02 PM
I have a question about going from Residential to Commercial. It seems that the pricing increases considerably when going to Commercial. I am looking at a quote for a Hampton Inn that is getting built. I have the measurements and such and know what types of trees, grass , shrubs, plants and bushes I will be using. However, I need to know what the difference in pricing between Residential and Commercial is.

rodfather
02-07-2006, 06:14 PM
I have a question about going from Residential to Commercial. It seems that the pricing increases considerably when going to Commercial.

IMO, you have it backwards. Comparatively, commercial is less than 1/2 of residential for similar size props.

PROCUT1
02-07-2006, 06:15 PM
I agree with rod.....Take your residential price if you have a clue, then cut that in half.

befnme
02-07-2006, 06:23 PM
i dont entirely agree with that. i have residentials that i do for 40 or 45 and the same size prop for commercial is 85 to 95......

rodfather
02-07-2006, 06:26 PM
i dont entirely agree with that. i have residentials that i do for 40 or 45 and the same size prop for commercial is 85 to 95......

Well, you just know something the rest of us just don't...god bless ya. BTW, how many residential props go out to bid?

mad_wrestler
02-07-2006, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the quick response. So, continue with what I normally do and cut it in half. Ok I will do that and get back with you on the numbers. Also, when doing this, are sprinklers a given or do ya'll usually suggest them? Once again thanks.

promower
02-07-2006, 06:50 PM
For every 10 commercial bids I do, I might get one and it always comes down to price. Hourly wage for commercial is usually considerably less. One thing I take into consideration is if the property is big enough I can work for less because I am cutting down drive time in between jobs. Be prepared to be under bid often, and at ridiculuosly low prices, it's cut throat out there.

mad_wrestler
02-07-2006, 06:55 PM
And this is a new construction. Along with a Holiday Inn in two months and two more in September and October.

Piscitelli Landscape
02-07-2006, 07:06 PM
90 percent of the time big commercial pplaces are lookin to save money and cut corners on stuff they can like landscape. Hampton in falls in this catagory. there are some commercial places they will go all out, this is the other 10 percent. but the posts of cutting your residential prices in half are exagerated but defintly going down the right path. residential will get you more money most of the time. when we do commericial like KFC, Rite aid ,ex. we try to get a few of them in our area to get one big check each month.

Collin
02-07-2006, 08:42 PM
I dont beleive that cutting your costs in half is the correct thing to do. That means your profits are alot lower also. I not going to lower my price where I dont make the profit I want. If I dont get the profit I want I just wont do it. Just because someone will do it less than me I am not going to low ball it and not make a profit. Stick to your guns and try to get close to what you want. If those companies are only going to care about price and not the person you dont want to work for them either. Just my thoughts.

lawnman_scott
02-07-2006, 08:52 PM
If those companies are only going to care about price and not the person you dont want to work for them either. Just my thoughts.What does it matter if they care about you? Its business, not a platonic intimate relationship. If they pay their bill and dont complain, Im happy.

ed2hess
02-07-2006, 11:01 PM
The prices are set by TG and five other very large companies and it is about 60% of residential. Usually you can hard sell them with the personal touch idea and get a little more the big guys but if you mess up you are gone You got to keep in mind you mow for a very low price but the extra stuff is where the money is made. The big guys rake them for irrigation repair($75/hr.), tree work, pest control, disease control etc. The othe big advantage on commercial are 40+ cuts. There is a lot of satisfaction in driving by a nice commercial property that you do. It also helps sell residential if you can get a nice resturant that everybody is familiar with.