PDA

View Full Version : What about these?

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-08-2006, 12:49 AM
http://www.gravely.com/gravely/products/walk+behinds/pro+h.asp

Just checked out the gravely pro steer earlier today and they looked pretty good. I realy liked the pro steer feature, and wow 8.5 mph should would be nice when you could use it with the sulky. I am looking at a 36". Everything aobut it seemed to be built good.

Anybody used these or know much about them as far as the cut quality, mulching quality, and bagging quality, as I will be mulching and bagging.

On another note I looked at the gravley 21" and was very impressed with them also. I have been shopping for a 21" and realy liked it. I think it was about $879 with the honda engine on it. I didn't even know that gravley made a commercial 21" mower.

And as above, anybody used these or know much about them as far as the cut quality, mulching quality, and bagging quality, as I will be mulching and bagging.

Thanks,
Drew

lonnie
02-08-2006, 12:53 AM
Mr. Mow. I just bought a gravely from Mowingman. He has a gravely dealer ship down in denton. Definately do not buy from the local guy. He is way over priced. Plus you do not have to pay taxes on it because we are out of state. I save over $800 on the 34z by buying from him. He is a great guy also.

lonnie
02-08-2006, 12:56 AM
I tried out the played around with the 36" belt with prosteer while I was down there and it will do a real reverse (actually kinda fast) which you will not get from any other belt drive. PM me or give me a call and I will get you his number.

lonnie
02-08-2006, 01:01 AM
I would pass on the gravely and get a toro commercial 21". I know you want to mulch and you will not find a better mulcher made (no joke). I think you can get one for about $900 to $950 during the specials this month. If you want to bag, get the honda, if you mulch get the toro.

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-08-2006, 01:08 AM
Lonnie,
I guess when you say local guy you mean the place on broadway. Yeh he showed me the msrp then what he would do for me and didn't seem very good.

Have you used the 21" gravely, it seemed built well.

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-08-2006, 01:10 AM
The only thing I didn't like about the toro was that when you mulch, you can't use leave the bagger in place, you have to take it off. I want to be able to leave the bag on when I mulch. I liked all the other features of the toro though. Just thought the gravley looked like it was built well and just wondering if anyone has used one because I have not hear anything about them.

Have you had any experience with the place on broadway?

lonnie
02-08-2006, 01:17 AM
Yes, the guy on broadway, and he is high. I saved that much on the mower including the gas to drive there. Yes I have seen the 21" and it does seem to be well built. I use my 21" toro all the time and I only mulch with it, never bag. Do a search on them and find out. The gravely 21" is the same as ariens. They have the snapper transmission which some hate and some like. That guy in denton said that he only sells the high end homeowner model to his commercial guys. I think the only difference is it has a kawasaki engine instead of honda and I think it only cost $600. I never really looked at gravely untill lately and have done alot of research. I think they are awesome machines. I will probably only buy there products from now on.

lonnie
02-08-2006, 01:20 AM
The thing is, if you dont let the grass get away from you then you will not have to bag.

lonnie
02-08-2006, 01:39 AM
I am a research fanatic and have throughly researched 21" and WB's. Just give me a call tomorrow if you have any questions on anything.

sting1987222
02-08-2006, 01:52 AM
kawasaki or the briggs is better you need power in wet grass the honda engine sucks when its time to get down and durty

lonnie
02-08-2006, 01:59 AM
Yeah I had a commercial honda and it sucked in wet grass but I'm not sure if it was the deck design of the honda contributing to that because I don't here any complaints for the people who have hondas on the toros.

jtkplc
02-08-2006, 10:56 AM
I have a 36" Gravely Pro-H with ProSteer. It's one sweet machine. Cut quality could be a little better. I use it for some bagging and it works fine with the grass gobbler. I have yet to mulch with it, but I'm pretty sure I will want a couple extra HP. I love the J-pin height adjustment. The ProSteer is very easy and comfortable to use. You will need to buy some kind of weight for the front end, it will not stay down if you're using a sulky and doing up even the slightest grade. 8.5 MPH is very sweet. I wouldn't want a walk-behind that went any slower.

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-08-2006, 06:15 PM
I have a 36" Gravely Pro-H with ProSteer. It's one sweet machine. Cut quality could be a little better. I use it for some bagging and it works fine with the grass gobbler. I have yet to mulch with it, but I'm pretty sure I will want a couple extra HP. I love the J-pin height adjustment. The ProSteer is very easy and comfortable to use. You will need to buy some kind of weight for the front end, it will not stay down if you're using a sulky and doing up even the slightest grade. 8.5 MPH is very sweet. I wouldn't want a walk-behind that went any slower.

The extra horsepower? Do you have the 13 hp or 15? I would think that 15 hp would be plenty on a 36, even when mulching????? I realy do like the way these machines look.

Anyone else use these. Pros and Cons PLEASE!!!!!!

jtkplc
02-08-2006, 07:02 PM
The extra horsepower? Do you have the 13 hp or 15? I would think that 15 hp would be plenty on a 36, even when mulching????? I realy do like the way these machines look.

Anyone else use these. Pros and Cons PLEASE!!!!!!

I have the 15 HP and I wish it was 16 or even 17 HP, especially when I'm running doubles. During leave season when I use it for bagging and just during thick, heavy conditions, I would like a little more power. Once you run a machine like the Exmark XS 60" with reserve power, any under powered machine is a nuisance.

lonnie
02-08-2006, 07:35 PM
Never had a problem with 15hp on a 36". Don't think most people would either.