PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in New England

korelandscaping
02-08-2006, 02:49 AM
Is anyone in New England looking for a new landscape trailer for this season? I've been looking into purchasing one from a dealer in NC but the shipping is over 500.00 to CT. The trailers are awesome in quality and price. Their prices are by far the best I've seen out there. The one I'm going to get is an 18ft, 2 foot dove tail, adjustable coupler, dual electric 3500lbs axles, 83 in wide, aluminum rims, 7,000 lbs drop foot jack, spring assisted re-enforced gate for under 2100.00.
The company website is http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/catalog.php?Type=3My brother in law bought one last year and my buddy did too. They are both very pleased with them so far. If anyone is interested in one, let me know so we can work a deal on a bulk shipment. BTW- Kauffman's is a manufacturer so their build time is roughly 2.5 weeks from start to finish... Thanks, Gregg

GreenMonster
02-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Sorry Gregg,

I was looking into them, and then found something local.

BTW, they quoted me about $300 shipping on a shared truck.

MMLawn
02-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Gregg, I am fortune enough that my shop is only a 30 minute drive to Kaufman, so I have three (2-2004's 1-6.5x12, 1-6.5x16 and 1-2005 7x18) of their trailers and they are great! Their plant is unbelievable. The really cool thing about these trailers is that they are completely designed on a Computer CAD and every single weld spot location is computer generated for complete balance and strength. I am though surprised that there is any wait time as they normally have hundreds built and on the sales lot. Everytime I have bought one I just called a couple hours before I showed up. Plus it is nice that my salesman is a Carolina Tarheels Grad! :laugh:

ChipsEarthWorks
02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
Hey Gregg can you give me a couple of days? My uncle is looking for a longer trailer to tow his tractor around with. I will give him the info and see if he wants to get it from there if so i will let you know, that way there we will see if like you said better deal on shipping. I will let you know in a couple of days,

PS: i just sent them a email on a price for a equipment trailer so i am waiting to see what they come up with. Okay?

mcwlandscaping
02-08-2006, 05:49 PM
Wow those are nice trailers, and a very good price as well. Ill deffinatly keep them in mind in a few months when ill hopefully be upgrading.

Jamesgateslandscaping
02-08-2006, 08:59 PM
Im interested in a 20ft one if you want to split shipping? Email is jimmyjoe@eudoramail.com
James

korelandscaping
02-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey James,

I'll contact Kaufmans tomorrow and tell them your interested in a 20 footer. I'll also speak witih them in regards to shipping. I already know someone who ordered one yesterday so if we can place one order to New England, I'm sure they'll discount the shipping. I'm assuming that if an order of 3 is placed, we should pay about 150.00 per person for shipping..Sure beats 500.00 per! Let me know if that's good for you. I'll email you tomorrow with a name and number to talk to. Thanks, Gregg

korelandscaping
02-08-2006, 10:46 PM
CHIPS- that sounds great..you can't touch their price locally, not even close! I was amazed to see how cheap their equipment trailers are. They have a similar one that I purchased 3 years ago in PA and the price is almost 750.00 less then when I bought it? Let me know how you make out...Gregg

korelandscaping
02-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Here's the deal, the original guy I spoke with qouted me 500.00 shipped to CT. He was wrong by 210.00! The shipping to CT was 290.00 and they won't go lower unless there is a full load directly to one location. I think it's going to be a pain in the a&& to coordinate that but 290.00 is a fair price. I tried my best to wheel and deal but it didn't work. I spoke with a John Putman, he is a sales rep and seems to be a real nice guy. Like I mentioned before, Kaufmanns have unbeatable deals. Check it out for yourselves. Good Luck

Jamesgateslandscaping
02-09-2006, 05:47 PM
How many trailers is a full load? Id be willing to pick up at your location.
James

korelandscaping
02-10-2006, 01:17 AM
A full load depends upon how large the trailers are. I didn't get into specifics with him but it did seem rather complicated. I believe he said it was 290.00 for shipping up to 1000 miles. It goes from 290/390/490, I'm assuming 490.00 is for shipping up to 1500 miles away. From NC to CT is roughly 650 miles, so you can gauge your distance from 06606. I would imagine that NH is another 250 miles from CT so you should still fall under the 1000 mile mark. Call John when you get a chance and mention to him about the lawnsite forumn and ask him about shipping to NH. Hope that helps...Thanks, Gregg

turfmann
02-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Sounds like a good excuse for a road trip!

Connecticut to NC isn't all that far. One day down, pick up the trailer, stay overnight, one day back.

korelandscaping
02-18-2006, 12:13 PM
I can't stand driving long distances. I drove to FL once and I absolutely hated it. The way I look at is 290.00 for shipping is actually very reasonable. I would spend close to that in fuel alone, never mind food and lodging.

mcwlandscaping
02-18-2006, 12:44 PM
What happens if something is wrong with the trailer or breaks under warranty? What do they do then? Do you have to pay the shipping to get it down there and back or how does that work?