PDA

View Full Version : Help with my 410????

Bobcat s250 NY
02-08-2006, 10:23 AM
I was looking to do some maintenance on a ditch witch 410 that i picked up last year, but cannot find a grease fitting anywhere on the machine. Nothing on the plow, shaker, trencher wheels, joints, nothing anywhere. Do they get lubricated any other way? Please help guys its freezing here and i have nothing to do. LOL

BTW anyone else run one of these, ifso how do u like it? I absolutely love it. Makes me wonder what the hell i have been doing behind my 230 piper for the last 6 years. Oh yeah that is for sale....:waving:

Rainman7
02-08-2006, 03:49 PM
I was looking to do some maintenance on a ditch witch 410 that i picked up last year, but cannot find a grease fitting anywhere on the machine. Nothing on the plow, shaker, trencher wheels, joints, nothing anywhere. Do they get lubricated any other way? Please help guys its freezing here and i have nothing to do. LOL

BTW anyone else run one of these, ifso how do u like it? I absolutely love it. Makes me wonder what the hell i have been doing behind my 230 piper for the last 6 years. Oh yeah that is for sale....:waving:

Best bet is to call DitchWitch over on Lincoln Ave. They probably have a maintenance manual you could pick up.
I rented a 410 once and it seemed a little big and top heavy for residential houses. It was great on a large commercial project I did upstate, lots of power.
I use a Burkeen and a Mini-Sneaker. I'm surprised being from DeerPark that you didn't go with Burkeen. You probably got tired of donating all your money to Atlantic.:laugh:
As far as your poly price goes, all I'm going to say is... shop around. Why stock a trailer full of poly when you could have someone else do it and buy it from them for less?

Bobcat s250 NY
02-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Best bet is to call DitchWitch over on Lincoln Ave. They probably have a maintenance manual you could pick up.
I rented a 410 once and it seemed a little big and top heavy for residential houses. It was great on a large commercial project I did upstate, lots of power.
I use a Burkeen and a Mini-Sneaker. I'm surprised being from DeerPark that you didn't go with Burkeen. You probably got tired of donating all your money to Atlantic.:laugh:
As far as your poly price goes, all I'm going to say is... shop around. Why stock a trailer full of poly when you could have someone else do it and buy it from them for less?

I got a sick deal on the 410. Its a 2000 with 400 hours and a trailer for 12,500.

Im not a fan of the burkeen, anyway richie told me that the company went out and they are no longer making parts..

As far as parts Atlantic seems expensive. not even funny. There are many places that you can buy cheaper and get out of the store by 8am. If u get there at 7 bring ur breakfast...:realmad: The price i was quoted the other day from atlantic was redic for poly... Like 15 bucks more than what i can get it for now else were. Acouple of companies here are going to take a few trailers. I for one have 2 huge developments that have to get done in march so i will eat up a couple hundred rolls really quick.
BTW you going to the show on the 14th???

Wet_Boots
02-08-2006, 05:42 PM
Burkeen still has a website, but that doesn't prove anything. You can always grease the Piper if you get bored.

Bobcat s250 NY
02-08-2006, 08:08 PM
Burkeen still has a website, but that doesn't prove anything. You can always grease the Piper if you get bored.
Last thing that i heard was that burkeen was looking to sell the rights and the facility to a few interested parties , but that fell through as of last november.

LOl Piper is all greased and ready to sell:waving:
Though i am having thoughts of keeping it as a back up. Im not sure if DW gives a loaner if ur having work done.

Wet_Boots
02-08-2006, 08:24 PM
I kind of doubt Burkeen will just shut their doors, if they want to get value for their company. The fact that Case split off the vibratory plow business may not be saying good things about the market.

Dirty Water
02-08-2006, 09:05 PM
The 410sx uses poly bushings so there is no grease fittings on the machine.

Its a great machine, it feels big until you get used to it.

trencher_chick
03-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Burkeen is back in business and making machines and parts. go to www.burkeen.com for more info.

Mjtrole
03-14-2007, 02:04 AM
from what I remember about the 410 is that you only have one spot to check daily and that is the fluid level indicator.

Wet_Boots
03-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Random thoughts ~ If you Google "pipe piper" you will see how many people misspell 'Pied Piper' ~ If I get banned, will they send me to Texas?

Vermeer
03-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Burkeen is back in business and making machines and parts. go to www.burkeen.com for more info.

I love manufacturers who don't sponsor the site but advertise in their subtle ways..