PDA

View Full Version : organic fungicide?

lilmarvin4064
02-08-2006, 01:09 PM
Is there such a thing?

Microbe
02-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Either applying a good quality crumbly compost about 1/4 - 1/2 inch thick in the months of june or use a liquid compost spray application. Organic lawncare is a system using true horticultual and farming methods to help replenish the depleted chemically treated soil of healthy organisms which get killed by the use of synthetic fertilizers and weed controls. So to answer your question, there really is no "fungicide," quick fix application, but then again I bet applying liquid compost to an area that has fungus will work almost as fast as fungicide.... and also prevent it from returning... hope I helped... peace :blob1: :blob4: :blob1: :blob4:

The Cowboy
02-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Look up WormGold Compost tea and worm castings. They are purporting a fungicidal action in their preperations, but it is probably caused by stronger fungi killing the weaker and more harmful ones.
Compost tea for the most part is a balancer rather than a pesticide. If it achieves good results without being labeled a pesticide, more power to it. Not everything that works has to be applied as a killer.

nocutting
02-08-2006, 05:21 PM
Is there such a thing?
Yes my Friends are correct, Compost or Compost teas are good, so is sulfur and seaweed as well.......so are cultural practices, mow short and let grow out for 14 days [ picking up grass clipping].........But why did it get a Fungus or Disease in the 1st place?.....is it a damp area [ too wet/poor drainage], ....is the thatch too thick?[ vertical sliceing / or microbial action needed].........was a tree removed and now its Sunny?[ wrong type of grass now]........:alien: :waving:

lilmarvin4064
02-09-2006, 02:28 PM
what about for fruit trees? blights? cedar rust?

Could you spray a fruit tree with compost tea?

I should have been more specific; my fault.

Thanks for the replys. What is it in synthetic ferts that kills beneficial organisms? Urea? MOP? I've seen certified organic ferts that contain SOP.