PDA

View Full Version : First Impressions

qps
02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
I know I'm going to take a lot of grief on this one, but they dropped off the mini x this morning, cat 304 and takeuchi 145 and my first impression is how much beefier the takeuchi looks that the cat, cab room is great over the cat and performance was outstanding so far...I'm going to keep them for a couple of days and give them both a work out. I'll post pics later.

Gravel Rat
02-08-2006, 03:18 PM
Like I said before Cat doesn't build better excavators than the others it is really hard to beat the foreign made machines.

One of the utility contractors here has a Takeuchi TB025 they use it to dig power pole holes. It is only a 5700lb machine but it outworks the rental shops 6000lb Bobcat mini's they rent.

I looked up the spec's on the 145 it would be equal to a 161 Kubota give or take.

I looked up the Cat the 304 has Caterpillars claustrophobia cab where as the Takeuchi has the regular excavator cab.

qps
02-08-2006, 04:28 PM
Like I said before Cat doesn't build better excavators than the others it is really hard to beat the foreign made machines.

One of the utility contractors here has a Takeuchi TB025 they use it to dig power pole holes. It is only a 5700lb machine but it outworks the rental shops 6000lb Bobcat mini's they rent.

I looked up the spec's on the 145 it would be equal to a 161 Kubota give or take.

I looked up the Cat the 304 has Caterpillars claustrophobia cab where as the Takeuchi has the regular excavator cab.

In all fairness the cat is zero tail swing...( I think) and the takeyourhouchie isn't...cab space is somewhat the same. (after you get in it) but it's easier getting in and out of the TK model...the new CCR Cat Mini's are suppose to have some changes...we'll see....

Gravel Rat
02-08-2006, 04:58 PM
For me I can't take those rounded door cabs they are just way too closed in when I ran the 158 Komatsu which has the same style cab I had to either try keep the door open or run the machine with the side window open. Also me knees throbbed with pain there isn't enough room to stretch my legs.

I really don't know if zero tailswing machines are worth it if the cabs on the machines is designed for munchkins. Myself I'am only 5'9" and 185lbs so I guess I'am average size operator.