PDA

View Full Version : Question to Toro WB owner's

WH Lawn Care
02-08-2006, 02:38 PM
I just purchased a 2005 Toro 36" WB, T-bar, belt drive, fix deck, 15HP Kohler. My questions are for those of you that have experience with this model.

1. Which stand up (velkie) do you prefer? 1 wheel or 2? Brand?

2. I ordered the mulch kit with it because I mulch 100% of my accounts. Any tricks of the trade I should know such as blades or doubling up on blades or types to use? Are you happy with the way it mulches?

Thank you so much for your input.

Tim
WH Lawn Care

ToroLandscaper
02-08-2006, 03:47 PM
I cant help you on the mulch kit but i would suggest a X2 for a sulky and i would for sure get a two wheel. Becouse they seem alot more stable

lawnboy dan
02-08-2006, 03:50 PM
while i dont have a 36 -i do have 2 32 toros. i prefer the 1 wheele velkie cause its more manuverable . gator blades are the way to go for mulching on toros. the stock blade leaves a trail if the grass is the least bit tall. this dosnt happen with gator blades on my toros . the cut is very good w/ gators and almost always never need to double cut. you get more lift from the stock blades and it does better for leaves but the gator is better for grass

EDEN77
02-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I have a Toro 36" floating deck WB and a Toro 48" fixed deck WB. I only use them for mulching; no bagging or throwing. Both mulch well with atomic mulching blades if the grass isn't too high or too wet. For the customers whose lawns are fertilized every lousy month, I have to do a lot of double-cutting. Keep the atomic blades sharp and cut high.

LawnTamer
02-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Congrats on your purchase! I have one exactly like yours with nearly 2,500 hrs and it runs like a monster. I like my 2 wheel sulky, I had a one wheel sulky, I didn't care for the stripe down the middle, I actualy had 2 complaints about it.
As far as mulching, the best thing I've found is to run 2 gator blades per spindle at a 90 deg angle. This will slow the mower down a bit. I bag nearly everyone.

mkwl
02-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Congrats on the new mower! I have the same model, except I have the pistol grips with the Kawasaki V-Twin engine. I don't have a Velke for the Toro yet (I have one for my Bob-Cat WB). I will probably get another one for the Toro this season. I have the Velke Pro 1 (made by Wright Mfg.), with the single wheel, and I love it! It is a real time saver. I don't really know about the mulching, since I always bag or side discharge. Hope this helps! :)

grass_cuttin_fool
02-08-2006, 05:24 PM
I have 2 mowers with a single wheel velke, If I had it to do over again I would get a 2 wheel velke. But I welgh 274 pounds so it makes a definate mark in the yard lol.

wayne

WH Lawn Care
02-08-2006, 09:10 PM
I just wanted to say thank you so much for the input that everyone has provided thus far.

Tim

lawnprosteveo
02-09-2006, 08:59 PM
I have the 36" floating deck, 15hp kohler...this mower has definitely been the workhorse for me.
I also mulch everything...I have used the gator blades, regular and hi-lift blades, and atomic mulching blades....my favorite has been the atomic blades.