PDA

View Full Version : J Pin Adjustors on Gravely W/B - easy/hard?

topcat
02-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Any of you guys running the Gravely fixed deck walkbehinds with the J pin adjustors? How easy is it to pull the pins and move the deck height for you? I like the concept but when I tried to change the deck height at a dealer, I was yanking real hard trying to get the pins to release on a brand new mower. Dealer said that's why he really doesn't like them. Do you guys with them have the same issue?

wes_penn
02-08-2006, 06:10 PM
i start on the left side going all the way around and do one at a time. Once you get use to it you can have all of them adjusted in about 15-20 seconds.

snapper
02-08-2006, 09:08 PM
they seem to be real tight when new, but as they wear some and with a little oil they start to move easier. It is still alot easier than adjusting other fixed decks..

later chris

jtkplc
02-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I had no problems with mine when I first got it, but as time went on, it got harder and harder to pull the J-pins out. Squirt some kind of lubricant in there and you'll be good to go, they will slide out with ease. There is kind of a trick to it, too, at least that's what I've found. I lift up on each side of the deck real hard before I pull the pins out, which seemed to help them come out easier because the weight of the deck wasn't pressed against them as much from bouncing around on yards all day long.