PDA

View Full Version : All the flagstone patio guys.

cleancutccl
02-08-2006, 09:52 PM
In the past whenever I do an estimate I usually take the prospective client to the rock yard to pick out exactly what stone to use, however, right now it is not open for the winter. Won't open til March. What do you do when you are faced with this? I really don't have a large enough portfolio to offer enough different choices of stone for the customer to see. There is an open yard about 1 hour round trip away, but the customer I am meeting with on Saturday can only give me a few hours of her time. Any ideas?

Drafto
02-08-2006, 09:58 PM
I would just tell her what you think is best for the application, and show her something in your portfolio that resembles it. Sometimes I find it is best to eliminate variables for clients.

Just my .02.

Dan

cgland
02-08-2006, 10:07 PM
Check the websites of some stone yards and maybe print out a couple of pics of the stone and give them to the cust.

www.rollrock.com

Chris

bigviclbi
02-08-2006, 10:34 PM
Take a few small pieces of different color rock with you so they can see the color firsthand.

sheshovel
02-08-2006, 10:53 PM
Well if you want the job bad enough,I would drive to the open yard..get some examples of flagstones and take them to my meeting.Or I would do as the above suggested..find some stoneyard sites..and print out the best pics of stone you want to offer her and show her those.
WHOOPS was I supposed to respond to this thread?I am a woman... so I guess not sorry!

cleancutccl
02-09-2006, 10:07 AM
guys is just a generic term shovel, you're invited.

sheshovel
02-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Just kidding anyway cleancut,I would respond if you addressed the thread to all you lightningbugs even!