PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed Trailer LCO's...come in.

PerfiCut L&L
02-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Ive been using a 16' open landscape trailer to haul our equipment around, and was thinking of getting an enclosed trailer to a:keep out of weather and b:keep secure.

I need a little help deciding what size to go with. The trailer will be for a single crew of 3 for residential work. a 48 ZT and a 36WB & a pushmower, plus all the necessary hand tools, trimmers, blowers and such. I'm thinking 12' or 14' . I think the 14' will give me a little extra space to build a work bench inside (although its not necessary) it would be nice at times. I'd like to get the 12' mainly for parking and storage of the trailer itself. Im a little short on space and $.

So what do you think, 12' too small?

SWD
02-09-2006, 08:14 AM
One of my trailers is a 14' enclosed - and it is a tight fit with a 60"ztr, 36"wb, 2 21" wb. Not to mention the handtrimmers, pole saws, broadcast spreader and misc hand tools.
If you want a small work bench, go 16' at least.

mmacsek
02-09-2006, 08:18 AM
Get the biggest one you can afford. I was looking for a 16' and bought a 18' a few tears ago. It filled up quick. I think that is a good thing. The other thing is ... The cost of purchasing a trailer and lettering is a nice sum. If you grow out of it in a few years it gets expensive to upgrade. Of course I don't know your circumstances or future plans so good luck!! Matt

br549oicu8
02-09-2006, 09:57 AM
I have 2 enclosed trailers....18' and a 16'. The 16' trailer carries a 54" ZTR and a 36" WB. We built a shelf across the front tall enough the walk behind parks under it. The ZTR parks behind it and there is plenty of room for other miscellaneous hand equipment. I think it is more about how you organize than anything. Also...I can't stress enough about the importance of securing your equipment inside. We use the fastrap system and love it. There are others out there so pick what works best for you.
Buy at least a 16' trailer too for eventual resale value.....
Buddy

samk
02-09-2006, 10:08 AM
If your looking for some extra room I would go with at least a 16'.