PDA

View Full Version : cemetaries on a sunday

kirk brown
02-09-2006, 10:38 AM
Does anyone do any cemetaries on sunday`s, or is this in bad taste?
There is a small 2 acre one i will be bidding on and would like to save it for the weekends.

daveintoledo
02-09-2006, 10:39 AM
sunday is when alot of families visit the cemetary, id be pissd if we wnet to see mom after church, and your where mowing

needs to be done on monday or early in the week

tat900
02-09-2006, 11:40 AM
i do two cemetaries and you know what i mow em on sundays and i think theyd rather see the grass on top of mom mowed then be 3 ft tall . I hate doin them i once did it at night dont ever d othat . I also have one that is a family cemetary and its old some poeple buried during and before civil war a 737 deere i was borrowing broke through thetop of a grave and i freaked like a lil girl

geogunn
02-09-2006, 11:53 AM
i do two cemetaries and you know what i mow em on sundays and i think theyd rather see the grass on top of mom mowed then be 3 ft tall .

I believe mowing a cemetary on Sunday is rude.

if the grass is three feet tall on Sunday it was three feet tall on SATURDAY, for pete's sake!

cut the grass on SATURDAY!

GEO :dizzy:

Tadams
02-09-2006, 12:28 PM
I try to not work on Sunday at all but sometimes you just have to. That being said, I don't think that you should mow a cemetary on a Sunday! Most people that are there don't want to hear or see someone on a mower. Think of what type of image that would put into a prospective client's mind of your company!

Jpocket
02-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I think MOnday would be the best day, Im just speaking for me b/c I don't do much on mondays.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
I have 1 cemetary that is bid to cut every 10 days in the middle of the summer and a couple times a year if falls on sunday, Most of the time im on it at daylight and done in 3 hours and gone before anyone comes by.

sheshovel
02-09-2006, 12:57 PM
I would not mow a cemetary on Sunday NO>Rude and just not a good day to do it at all.

palawnman
02-09-2006, 01:47 PM
I would have to agree with the majority....I defnitely would not cut it on sundays, I would even hesitate to cut it on saturdays. I just think that there would be too many people there on the weekends. Personally if I saw someone out there on the weekends cutting, I would come away with a bad taste in my mouth. I would tend to do it wed or thurs so that it would look good for the weekends, just out of respect for people.

Ron

1MajorTom
02-09-2006, 01:57 PM
We placed a bid on a few cemetaries before, and actually was a requirement that no mowing could be done on the entire weekend.

burns60
02-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I try to not work on Sunday at all but sometimes you just have to. That being said, I don't think that you should mow a cemetary on a Sunday! Most people that are there don't want to hear or see someone on a mower. Think of what type of image that would put into a prospective client's mind of your company!

Actually, "most people there" won't "hear or see" a thing. (sorry about that, just couldn't help it)

No, I feel like most of the others here that Sunday is a day of rest for me and those "at rest." Good point that someone brought up about the visitors as well.

Tadams
02-09-2006, 05:44 PM
Ya got me there Burns. :laugh:

mkwl
02-09-2006, 07:39 PM
Mowing on Sunday...now that paints a pretty picture in my mind...a family is quietly saying prayers at a family members grave after Church, when a jerk comes flying by on a ZTR. First of all you shoud be IN Church, unless you're jewish (or another non-Christian religeon), I don't think there are too many congrigations that would appreciate having their lawn mowed on SUNDAY!!!:nono: I'd say NO DON'T MOW ON SUNDAY...ESPECIALLY AT A CEMETARY OR CHURCH!!! :nono:

kirk brown
02-10-2006, 07:42 AM
[QUOTE=mkwl]Mowing on Sunday...now that paints a pretty picture in my mind...a family is quietly saying prayers at a family members grave after Church, when a jerk comes flying by on a ZTR. First of all you shoud be IN Church, unless you're jewish (or another non-Christian religeon),

thanks for the reply but I`LL decide where i`ll be on sunday morning.

rodfather
02-10-2006, 07:49 AM
the 3 we have are always done on monday

tat900
02-10-2006, 11:15 AM
when i mow em its at daylight and no one is gonna tell me when i mow i have a regualr job plus this and i also got 35 accounts so these gotta be done when i can and never had anyone say that mean . How many people have knocked a head stone over i used ot freak out about driving over dead people and do you guys look to see if any of em have your birthday ?

JimLewis
02-10-2006, 11:32 AM
Yoda says, "Agree with the others, I do. The dark side of the force is tempting you to be so rude, I think. If mowing cemetaries on Sundays is what you consider a good idea, eating ****** sandwiches you have been."

meets1
02-10-2006, 12:09 PM
I would not mow on sudnay either. Like it was said earlier - you should be in church. It's the sabbath day - day of rest. If you have a full time job and need to get these accounts done on Sat and or sunday - you gotta change something in yout work schedule. If you had a church - are you going to be out there mowing during a service. I think not! Same goes for a cemetary - there is always someone around "paying" there respects, unlike others on a Z!