PDA

View Full Version : swimming pools

C&L
02-09-2006, 02:58 PM
I was looking for some insight on installing pavers around a swimming pool.
Is there anything specific I should take into consideration?
There is currently about 1000 sf of concrete decking that we would demo before the install.
Thanks
Chad

neversatisfiedj
02-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Pitch away from pool. Use poly sand.

Rex Mann
02-09-2006, 06:58 PM
C & L,

What are you doing for the coping or are you butting up to an existing deck? Is the pool cement, shotcrete, or another material?
We are finishing up one now, a concrete pool. We were hired
to remove all the existing pavers, which were completed just last week, and
rebuild the entire area. I'll download my camera and see what picks I have.

Peace,

Rex

http://ArizonaPavers.Com

Drafto
02-09-2006, 09:02 PM
C & L,

What are you doing for the coping or are you butting up to an existing deck? Is the pool cement, shotcrete, or another material?

Peace,

Rex

Did I read this right Rex? The area was just done last week, and you are tearing it up and re-doing it?

Dan

UNISCAPER
02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
Unless you are billing to replace the coping, make sure you spell out you are not responsible for damaging it during demo. It is impossible to remove concrete and not damage the stuff.

Rex Mann
02-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Here are a few pics of the pool project. Yes, it was completed just last week by another contractor, and we tore it all out and started from scratch.

Peace,

Rex

Drafto
02-09-2006, 09:39 PM
I love job pics.

neversatisfiedj
02-09-2006, 10:08 PM
I like that pattern !

C&L
02-13-2006, 10:27 AM
C & L,

Peace,

Rex

Hi Rex,
Thank's for the reply. I was out of town for the weekend.
The pool is concrete. there is currently a brick edge coping that will be replaced by the pool company. But, the type of coping has yet to be determined. The cusomer likes the "cap" look. Similar material as retaining waal cap. The pool contractor is worried about not mortering the joints, he is worried about water penetration. What are your thoughts on that?
The current winter cover they use atatches to several individual anchors around the peremeter of the pool, about one every three feet. I have no idea how to incorpwerate this into pavers.
I liked your pictures... nice work.
Chad

bigviclbi
02-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Around me the pool company uses small lengths of copper pipe to hold the cover in place. We install the pavers, then they drill holes in the pavers and into the aggragate. I'd let the pool guy worry about that if you can.

landscaperbob
02-13-2006, 05:00 PM
We supplied caps on this one & the pool co. installed - mortared.Techo/Neptune-3 different sizes/all wedged/they might have had to cut 3 or 4.Product was nice & clean/smooth.Tumbled doesn't work-too rough. Used sill seal against mortared caps as a buffer(freeze/thaw) & worked pavers to them.Keep sill seal low so you can polysand over top.We also used more caps as an outside border.Pool co. installed cover but just into the pavers-not through & into base-and some did pop last year and had to be reset.

YardPro
02-13-2006, 08:17 PM
we do a lot of pool pavers. 1/2 of our company is a commercial pool service, so we have an inside track for pool decks.

we do not morter the coping, we glue it with a flexible glue. do not use a retaining wall cap, the face is too rough, and can scrape somoene, cuasing blood in the pool.... big no no....

landscpaerbob.. i like the coping.. whole job looks good.