PDA

View Full Version : Triton deck performance??

centraldlr
02-09-2006, 03:16 PM
Would like some input from southern companies using the new triton decks on exmarks. We are in a northern state, so it will be awhile before we can try this new deck out. Wondering about performance, quality of cut, scalping issues & bagging. Is it better or worse than the ultracut deck??

lazer 46
02-09-2006, 03:46 PM
I have a new Triton deck on a new Lazer sitting at my dealer's. It will be a while before I use it here in New York. In looking at the adjustable baffles I must say I am not all that impressed. I doubt if I will ever adjust the front baffle. The discharge opening that adjusts is a nice feature but I am sure that after some use the adjustments will not be so easy to move with grass and moisture in and around the bolts and mechanism. We shall see.

wherebluegrassgrows
02-09-2006, 04:12 PM
I have a new Triton deck on a new Lazer sitting at my dealer's. It will be a while before I use it here in New York. In looking at the adjustable baffles I must say I am not all that impressed. I doubt if I will ever adjust the front baffle. The discharge opening that adjusts is a nice feature but I am sure that after some use the adjustments will not be so easy to move with grass and moisture in and around the bolts and mechanism. We shall see.
so what do the new ones run?payup