PDA

View Full Version : Prices for PTO and hydraulic pump

Gravel Rat
02-09-2006, 07:58 PM
I ordered a telescoping post hoist for my truck it only cost me 1500 dollars where as a scissor hoist is 2500 dollars.

I didn't order a 12 volt hydraulic pump I'am not so fond of them they really are not that good. After phoning around for prices on a PTO for the 5spd in the 450 and a hydraulic pump and a juice tank its going to cost me atleast 1500 dollars :eek:

So what is you guys opinion on the 12 volt pump will they work okay ?

I think I will run one and scrounge around the junk yards to see if I can find a used PTO to fit a S5-42 ZF.

I'am not planning on doing repetitive dumping it will be go pick up a load of gravel dump it travel 30 mins go pick up another load and travel another 30 mins to the site dump it.

I know nothing is more reliable and powerfull than a PTO and pump but I can't afford to spend 525 dollars just for a PTO. The 12 volt power pack is 700 dollars I probably find one cheaper but I want to deal with the people I bought the hoist from they have the proper sized pump I need.

Any ideas

lawnmaniac883
02-09-2006, 08:12 PM
Seems like ya already answered your own question. I would go with the pto pump, may not be what ya wanted to hear but I would much rather use the engine's power to run a hydraulic pump, too much to go wrong with an electrical pump IMO. Good luck to ya

Gravel Rat
02-09-2006, 08:29 PM
I was wondering if the electric pump would be good enough for now untill I get more money or spend some time finding some used parts to put PTO hydraulics on the truck.

I probably would run the electric pump for a year until I find some parts or a wrecked light duty dump and I can get the parts and brackets off if it.

olderthandirt
02-09-2006, 08:45 PM
I was wondering if the electric pump would be good enough for now untill I get more money or spend some time finding some used parts to put PTO hydraulics on the truck.

I probably would run the electric pump for a year until I find some parts or a wrecked light duty dump and I can get the parts and brackets off if it.

Electric pump will work for a short time but you will be sorry you wasted your money on it soon enough. Bite the bullet and get the PTO pump before you have to shovel 1/2 a load off cause the electric don't have the balls

CLARK LAWN
02-09-2006, 10:53 PM
dont waste your money on an electric pump they have no balls. if you cant afford the pto set-up look into a central system run off the engine they are alot stronger than an electric and i dont think they cost that much more.

Gravel Rat
02-09-2006, 11:01 PM
Thats what I want to know is the electric pump even worth the money I never had any experience with them all I'am used to is PTO hydraulic from working with gravel trucks. My 88 F-450 I had was PTO hydrualic worked good but I didn't install the system.

I guess I'am going to have to search the junk yards for the parts I need if I can get the hydraulic tank,pump and the driveshaft. I will have to bite the bullet and buy a new PTO as its going to be hard to find a PTO off of a Zed F out of a Ford. It has to be a S5-42 as its different from a S5-47 so I have to look at what tranmsission it came from before I buy.