PDA

View Full Version : Toro Turbo Force Walkbehind. NEW.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Ok guys, As some may know I debated between running Toro or exmarks for my new mowing crew. I went with Toro as I got a great price, they have a new decck, and I know how to fix them already.

Here is the 1st mower, other wont be in till the 30th....

its a 15hp kawasaki 48" Turbo force fixed deck belt drive walkbehind mower

CrewCutEnterprises
02-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Another shot from the rear

topcat
02-09-2006, 08:36 PM
How much did the 48" go for?

CrewCutEnterprises
02-09-2006, 08:37 PM
HERE is the Baffle. Its set for light grass and maximum distance...

CrewCutEnterprises
02-09-2006, 08:41 PM
Another shot of the baffle. It is set for long wet grass . the setting in between is made for bagging so you can fill the bagger better

CrewCutEnterprises
02-09-2006, 08:45 PM
2 toro fixed decks with 15 hp kaw's, 1 48 and 1 36" with mulch kits for both.
$6500.00

The 48 was 3100.00. mulch kit 200. The 36 was 2750.00 mulch kit was 200.00

Totat altogether was 6500.00 financed. Ill pay it all off by june.

6'7 330
02-09-2006, 09:15 PM
My dealer is going to be showing some of the turbo force walk-behinds at his open house this spring.From observing your pictures, the turbo force on the walk behind appears to be the same one on the Z-turn .Same spindles, rubber discharge chute etc.

Sharpe looking mower, to bad after about 2 weeks of hard work,it will lose a bit of that shiney luster lol.

LawnTamer
02-09-2006, 09:36 PM
That looks awesome! What a productive combination. I already run 36 T-bar, with the new Turboforce 48" deck that would be an awesome combo!
Good Choices, Good deal!

sanfordandsonfan
02-09-2006, 09:40 PM
was at a landscape show in chicago and saw those exact mowers. Rep said they were the exact same deck that the z's have. Another interesting thing to point out is the 40" deck that will be coming out with the new deck. Good luck with the new equipment.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the compliments, we are running the 36 and 48 off a 10 ft dovetail on an 99 f250.

No trailer, no problems.. Should be great

CrewCutEnterprises
02-10-2006, 12:23 AM
hey 6'7

After 2 weeks it will look like crap. But they all do, and they work great....

Mr.Mow-It-All
02-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Does the 36" have the turbo force deck also, I was told that only the 48 and larger have the turbo, and the 36 has the sfs deck.

lonnie
02-10-2006, 12:48 AM
Mr. Mow check toro's site. It shows turbo forces starting at the 44" deck. Although toro is horrible for having so many models and dealers not knowing what they are talking about. I did see that Central Power had a 40" turbo force belt drive today and 40" is not even listed on there site. So I guess it's possible but I doubt it. Did you ever contact mowingman.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-10-2006, 01:08 AM
The 40" just came outthis year..

As for the 36" Yes it does..My unit is Demo at a local toro company meeting next week, I can pick it up then. If it doesnt have a turbo force, i would be pissed as i was told it would.

6'7 330
02-10-2006, 01:08 AM
hey 6'7

After 2 weeks it will look like crap. But they all do, and they work great....

Very true--it is the nature of the beast I guess.Keeping it perfect red ain 't what matters,all the clean green it brings to you bottom line is lol.payup payup

promower
02-10-2006, 04:31 AM
Looks great, I've never seen a baffle design like that. I just cant deal with a belt drive though.:cry:

ALarsh
02-10-2006, 08:40 AM
Do you know, by chance, what that same machine (48) runs for except hydro?

brucec32
02-19-2006, 10:02 PM
2 toro fixed decks with 15 hp kaw's, 1 48 and 1 36" with mulch kits for both.
$6500.00

The 48 was 3100.00. mulch kit 200. The 36 was 2750.00 mulch kit was 200.00

Totat altogether was 6500.00 financed. Ill pay it all off by june.

Does anyone know where to get information on these new toro decks and more importantly, deck sizes? The 40" would be a very useful machine for my properties. I'm also curious if the adjustable baffle is only on the fixed deck models.

mcwlandscaping
02-20-2006, 12:07 AM
Sweet new mowers, they sure look great when shiny new!! Those spindle flanges are HUGE!! Looks great!

Cut 2 Please
06-15-2006, 12:02 AM
How are walkbehinds doing? I am debating between the 36 and the 40. How does your 36 work with the mulch kit? Does it have any blow out?
Thanks,
Charles

bwilder10h
06-15-2006, 12:41 PM
I really wish Toro would make a floating Turbo Force Hydro in a 48" or 52" with a big Kaw twin...

S man
02-28-2007, 02:09 PM
Ok guys, As some may know I debated between running Toro or exmarks for my new mowing crew. I went with Toro as I got a great price, they have a new decck, and I know how to fix them already.

Nice mower. That's the one I'm planning on getting. Would the 36 40 or 48 be better for me? I mow small lawns in a neighborhood but some have wide gates and some I would just cut the front with and use the 21 in the back. What do you think? Are the prices really spaced with each unit?

TheLawnBarber
02-28-2007, 02:48 PM
I debated between Exmark and Toro 36" walk-behinds last summer. But, I ended up buying the Exmark because of the Ecs. Anyways very nice mower, some day I'd like to try the Turbo-Force Toros.

toac
02-28-2007, 03:07 PM
I haven't had a problem getting the 40 through gates

TPLawnPro
02-28-2007, 03:19 PM
Nice mower. That's the one I'm planning on getting. Would the 36 40 or 48 be better for me? I mow small lawns in a neighborhood but some have wide gates and some I would just cut the front with and use the 21 in the back. What do you think? Are the prices really spaced with each unit?

Hey S Man,

I am going to purchase the hydro / Turbo Force floating deck-40" model some time in the late summer months. If you already have a 32" or 36", then definitely investigate the 40". Most of my work is out here in Old Metairie, and a 36" width is very efficient; however, based on the size of most gate openings out here, the 40" deck will be just as effective. We've got a lot of double-gates out here in this neck of the woods.

It seems like the ideal lawn care setup for Jefferson Parish residential properties is to have one or two 21" commercial mowers, and at least one 32" and a 36".

My arsenal(Post Katrina):
(2) Toro Commercial 21"
(1) Wright Stander 32"
(1) Wright Stander 36" w/ Rapid-Hite Adj. Deck
(1) Toro ProLine Mid-size 40" hydro w/ Turbo Force Floating Deck (To Be PurchasedThis Summer)
(2) RedMax BCZ-2600
(2) RedMax EB-7001
(1) BillyGoat Lawn Vacuum

I believe that you are going to start seeing a lot more visibility of Wright Mowers as the summer progresses.

:drinkup:

S man
02-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Hey S Man,

I am going to purchase the hydro / Turbo Force floating deck-40" model some time in the late summer months. If you already have a 32" or 36", then definitely investigate the 40". Most of my work is out here in Old Metairie, and a 36" width is very efficient; however, based on the size of most gate openings out here, the 40" deck will be just as effective. We've got a lot of double-gates out here in this neck of the woods.

It seems like the ideal lawn care setup for Jefferson Parish residential properties is to have one or two 21" commercial mowers, and at least one 32" and a 36".

My arsenal(Post Katrina):
(2) Toro Commercial 21"
(1) Wright Stander 32"
(1) Wright Stander 36" w/ Rapid-Hite Adj. Deck
(1) Toro ProLine Mid-size 40" hydro w/ Turbo Force Floating Deck (To Be PurchasedThis Summer)
(2) RedMax BCZ-2600
(2) RedMax EB-7001
(1) BillyGoat Lawn Vacuum

I believe that you are going to start seeing a lot more visibility of Wright Mowers as the summer progresses.

:drinkup:

Cool. I really am leaning towards the 40". It's just right for both big and small lawns. Also it has 3 blades vs. 2 on the 36.
We have to talk and see eachother sometime. :)

CrewCutEnterprises
02-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Cool. I really am leaning towards the 40". It's just right for both big and small lawns. Also it has 3 blades vs. 2 on the 36.

If the 40 works for you great.

For us, we dont service your property unless you have a 37 inch gate. If its smaller, sorry We dont carry a pushmower.

The toro controls are far easier and better than the exmark. I do love the exmark but they will wear you out, even the ecs on a hydro

Now bang for your buck, my crew cut 67,000 in grass last year with that new 36 and 48" toro, they are belt drives and were like 5500.00

TPLawnPro
02-28-2007, 07:32 PM

Absolutely! :drinkup:

S man
02-28-2007, 09:17 PM
If the 40 works for you great.

For us, we dont service your property unless you have a 37 inch gate. If its smaller, sorry We dont carry a pushmower.

The toro controls are far easier and better than the exmark. I do love the exmark but they will wear you out, even the ecs on a hydro

Now bang for your buck, my crew cut 67,000 in grass last year with that new 36 and 48" toro, they are belt drives and were like 5500.00

The reason for the 40" is because for 4 more inches it has three blades vs. 2 on a 36". More blades means better cut. and with the turbo deck it should cut amazing!!!:weightlifter:

TXNSLighting
02-28-2007, 09:33 PM
man those are too sweet! I have a Toro 36" w/b now and love it! would love it even more with the baffle and such.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-28-2007, 11:03 PM
The reason for the 40" is because for 4 more inches it has three blades vs. 2 on a 36". More blades means better cut. and with the turbo deck it should cut amazing!!!:weightlifter:

Ill agree with the extra 4 inches. But more blades mean a better cut? how? If the motor is powerful enough...

Only place it might cut better is the overlap area.

TXNSLighting
02-28-2007, 11:09 PM
my 36" obviously has two blades, and i think it has a better cut than my Z. which has 3 blades.

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 12:05 AM
Then why do these disposable razor companies continue to add more and more blades to their disposable razors? Shick, Gilette, etc? Maybe it's for a cleaner shave? When I started shaving 20 years ago, the most I could get was two blades on any Glette razor. Now were up to 5 is it?

So with two blades turning at 18,500 rpm tip-speed, I am comfortable with the results also. I have a 32" and 36" that do a fantastic job on the turf. But three blades under a 40" Toro Turbo Force mowing deck turning at 18,500 rpm tip-speed - I can't wait to see the results.

Eclipse
03-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Then why do these disposable razor companies continue to add more and more blades to their disposable razors? Shick, Gilette, etc? Maybe it's for a cleaner shave? When I started shaving 20 years ago, the most I could get was two blades on any Glette razor. Now were up to 5 is it?

Not a good analogy IMO. With a razor each one of the additional blades is going over the same area each "pass" as the blades are stacked. With the mower there is no overlap of the additional blades for each pass. The blades are side by side, not stacked one after another.

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 12:20 AM
Ok then, what about those electric razors with the three heads. They were certainly better than the electric razors with two heads.

TXNSLighting
03-01-2007, 12:25 AM
why are we using razors as analogys....

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 12:27 AM
Not a good analogy IMO. With a razor each one of the additional blades is going over the same area each "pass" as the blades are stacked. With the mower there is no overlap of the additional blades for each pass. The blades are side by side, not stacked one after another.

Wait a minute. How can you say that. As fast as those blades are rotating under the deck, how many times is that same patch of grass being whacked? So three blades rotating at 18,500 rpm tip-speed within a 40" mowing deck width is surely going to yield some interesting results? Wouldn't you think? Nevertheless, there's two sharp edges on each mower blade.

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 12:29 AM
why are we using razors as analogys....

Cause we're talking about the ability to cut efficiently, comparing whether it's either two or three blades under a mowing deck of approximately the same width.

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Ill agree with the extra 4 inches. But more blades mean a better cut? how? If the motor is powerful enough...

Only place it might cut better is the overlap area.

A 17 hp Kawasaki V-Twin comes on the hydro floating deck model.

S man
03-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Three blades at 18,500 will cut better than a two blades at the same rpm. But will the engine be a major player? the same size engine at 15 hp(Kawasaki kai). Would the 36 w/ 2 blades be more efficient because of a smaller area? Has anyone had exp. with the 40" deck?

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 12:40 AM
Man, Wade over at Joe's Lawnmore needs to get one of these badboys in for us to demo. I'm not sure whether the fixed deck 40" comes with a 17hp Kawasaki V-twin, but the floating deck hydro model does. That's what sold me is that the entire package seems well proportioned.

S man
03-01-2007, 12:46 AM
Man, Wade over at Joe's Lawnmore needs to get one of these badboys in for us to demo. I'm not sure whether the fixed deck 40" comes with a 17hp Kawasaki V-twin, but the floating deck hydro model does. That's what sold me is that the entire package seems well proportioned.

Yep wade is my man. He does need to get one in for us to try. I believe it comes with a 15 kaw kai. I'll keep asking about it when I go over there.

Do you get all your equip over there?

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Yep wade is my man. He does need to get one in for us to try. I believe it comes with a 15 kaw kai. I'll keep asking about it when I go over there.

Do you get all your equip over there?

Most of it. I buy all of my RedMax and Toro products from him, but my Wright Standers came from The Power Shop in Houma, LA.

I really like those folks over there at Joe's. They treat me right! :walking:

S man
03-01-2007, 01:22 AM
Most of it. I buy all of my RedMax and Toro products from him, but my Wright Standers came from The Power Shop in Houma, LA.

I really like those folks over there at Joe's. They treat me right! :walking:

Yes they are very good. And of course, Jim knows everything and helps me with my stuff. DO you like redmax over echo? I feel redmax and stihl are a little better overall.

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 01:36 AM
Yes indeed! Jim is an excellent mechanic, and is always full of solid factual information.

I have never really given ECHO a chance to be quite honest. The only brands that I have ever used in a trimmer were Maruyama, then switched to Shindaiwa, and now I use RedMax. I too favor RedMax. As for experience owning Stihl, I have a Stihl pole saw - and that thing is a beast!

S man
03-01-2007, 02:06 AM
Yes indeed! Jim is an excellent mechanic, and is always full of solid factual information.

I have never really given ECHO a chance to be quite honest. The only brands that I have ever used in a trimmer were Maruyama, then switched to Shindaiwa, and now I use RedMax. I too favor RedMax. As for experience owning Stihl, I have a Stihl pole saw - and that thing is a beast!

Stihl does make good equip but redmax is really good too. My only complaint is that the trimmers seem to vibrate because of the head I think. But other than that I like mine. I have a redmax eb7001 on the way too so I'll tell on how it performs. I'm getting a snapper commercial 21" over there within a couple weeks to acompany my toro commercial 21". So I'll have a rig of 2 21" commercials and a res. back up snapper. Good combo for now while I don;t have a truck and trailer for the big w/b. well I have to get to bed. I'll im you my number.
bye

TPLawnPro
03-01-2007, 02:11 AM
Stihl does make good equip but redmax is really good too. My only complaint is that the trimmers seem to vibrate because of the head I think. But other than that I like mine. I have a redmax eb7001 on the way too so I'll tell on how it performs. I'm getting a snapper commercial 21" over there within a couple weeks to acompany my toro commercial 21". So I'll have a rig of 2 21" commercials and a res. back up snapper. Good combo for now while I don;t have a truck and trailer for the big w/b. well I have to get to bed. I'll im you my number.
bye

Right on Scott. Have a good one sir!

Later.

Approach
03-01-2007, 02:13 AM
FYI -- I've heard of some of the handlebars breaking on your unit. In particular: In your picture, note that the black handlebars are not very substantial. ie) beginning from just below the gas-tank. You may want to re-inforce them somehow.

Eclipse
03-01-2007, 04:39 AM
Wait a minute. How can you say that. As fast as those blades are rotating under the deck, how many times is that same patch of grass being whacked?

This has nothing to do with if there are two or three blades under the deck. The blades do not overlap.

lawnpro724
03-01-2007, 11:17 AM

Just like the one I bought last month except I got mine with the Tru Trak sulky for $3700. I have looked at several other walkbehinds and none of them compare to the new 2007 Toro's w/turbo force deck. I have been using Toro mowers since I started in business back in 1990 and this is the best mower they have ever made. If all of you haven't had the chance to see one in person take the time to do so and it may be your next purchase.

J&R Landscaping
03-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Three blades at 18,500 will cut better than a two blades at the same rpm. But will the engine be a major player? the same size engine at 15 hp(Kawasaki kai). Would the 36 w/ 2 blades be more efficient because of a smaller area? Has anyone had exp. with the 40" deck?

Toro had a quality of cut issue when they were first introduced. My dealer ran into a problem requiring a small baffle adjustment on 2 machines with the 40" deck. Toro did not put out a tsb about it and said just fix as fail. So far, we have only seen 2 with problems, all the rest have been trobule free.

S man
03-01-2007, 12:27 PM
Would the smaller 2 blade 36 be just as efficient as the 40 and 48? The 48 has the same hp as the 36.

S man
03-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Just like the one I bought last month except I got mine with the Tru Trak sulky for $3700. I have looked at several other walkbehinds and none of them compare to the new 2007 Toro's w/turbo force deck. I have been using Toro mowers since I started in business back in 1990 and this is the best mower they have ever made. If all of you haven't had the chance to see one in person take the time to do so and it may be your next purchase.

Which deck size did you get? the 48?

lawnpro724
03-01-2007, 02:05 PM
Which deck size did you get? the 48?

I got the 48" belt drive, 15hp kaw v-twin, T-bar, Turbo Force deck, w/Tru Trak sulky just like the one pictured. I think he said it was a 48" cut too. Mine looks just like it but has the Tru Trak on the back of it.

S man
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I got the 48" belt drive, 15hp kaw v-twin, T-bar, Turbo Force deck, w/Tru Trak sulky just like the one pictured. I think he said it was a 48" cut too. Mine looks just like it but has the Tru Trak on the back of it.

The 48 cuts good with the 15 hp?

lawnpro724
03-01-2007, 10:40 PM
The 48 cuts good with the 15 hp?

Yeah there isn't much it won't handle and with the muliplier pulley set up it has a blade tip speed of 18,500rpm. It has plenty of power to pull me and cut some pretty long grass although I try not to let it get that way unless there are several day's of rain.

S man
03-02-2007, 12:07 AM
So the 40 would do just as good?

CrewCutEnterprises
03-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Yeah there isn't much it won't handle and with the muliplier pulley set up it has a blade tip speed of 18,500rpm. It has plenty of power to pull me and cut some pretty long grass although I try not to let it get that way unless there are several day's of rain.

I dont know about Blade tip speed but...

My 36 and 48 both have 15 hps. same belts for drive and transmission, same air filter etc. they are nice and convient being the same. Only difference is blade and blade belt size.

The cut - we run mulch kits till fall when we bag leaves.. This picture is from www.simplylawnmowing.com 2 passes to get that look.

S man
03-02-2007, 10:16 PM
Looking good! Is the cut identical between the two deck sizes?

LawnTamer
03-02-2007, 11:18 PM
Good pic, I love the Toro's cut.

S man
03-04-2007, 12:15 AM
How dangerous is it to put one in a truck?

TPLawnPro
03-04-2007, 12:40 PM
How dangerous is it to put one in a truck?

Hello Scott,

It's not a bad process at all. A good set of stable aluminum loading ramps, and you'll be good to go. If you get the mower, I will show you how to load and un-load the mower. If you're going to load the mower in the back of your truck, the only thing is - you might be limited to a 36" width mower, which isn't a bad thing at all. I'm just not sure if a 40" can be squeezed between the wheel wells of a truck bed?

S man
03-04-2007, 10:49 PM
Hello Scott,

It's not a bad process at all. A good set of stable aluminum loading ramps, and you'll be good to go. If you get the mower, I will show you how to load and un-load the mower. If you're going to load the mower in the back of your truck, the only thing is - you might be limited to a 36" width mower, which isn't a bad thing at all. I'm just not sure if a 40" can be squeezed between the wheel wells of a truck bed?

Thanks. I will get a truck soon in the spring and will go with the 36". I need wade to get me a 36" to demo. And I would like you to show me how to load it in the truck. If you see any good used trucks, please let me know.

Scott

TPLawnPro
03-04-2007, 11:05 PM
Absolutely. Anytime.

Maybe I should meet you over at Wade's one day. This way we can both impress it upon him to please have a demo delivered via our local TORO representative.

S man
03-08-2007, 12:08 AM
Well, This thread died off. Bump.

TPLawnPro
03-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Hey S Man,

Are you rounding up prospective clients for the 2007 season? Or do you have a full schedule already?

I spent the day driving around parts of Metairie, investigating future prospects and/or possibilities. I'm trying to find a few more accounts for this season, especially if I purchase the new TORO.

Also, I still need to purchase a few more shop items before the season kicks into high gear. (A new Bench Grinder/Blade Sharpener, Impact Wrench, Torque Wrench, Grease Gun, etc.)

S man
03-08-2007, 12:35 AM
Hey S Man,

Are you rounding up prospective clients for the 2007 season? Or do you have a full schedule already?

I spent the day driving around parts of Metairie, investigating future prospects and/or possibilities. I'm trying to find a few more accounts for this season, especially if I purchase the new TORO.

Also, I still need to purchase a few more shop items before the season kicks into high gear. (A new Bench Grinder/Blade Sharpener, Impact Wrench, Torque Wrench, Grease Gun, etc.)

Hi, I never got your name?

Well, I have kept my clients from last year and are doing most of them now. I have many lined up for the next few days. Maybe we should meet at joes next week. I'm planing on getting another commercial 21" probably a snapper over there. Or Maybe if you need help with your lawns I can go with sometime if you want.
Number(305-6166).

Scott

TPLawnPro
03-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Sounds great. Nothing like the unique cut from a Snapper.

I will send you a PM with my contact information.

S man
03-08-2007, 09:58 PM
Sounds great. Nothing like the unique cut from a Snapper.

I will send you a PM with my contact information.

Have you ever demoed the 32" single blade toro? I might see if wade will let me demo it next week.

TPLawnPro
03-08-2007, 11:44 PM
No, I sure haven't. Although there is a fellow that manages properties out here on Brockenbraugh Ct. in Old Metairie that owns one. He once told me that he only uses it on properties that are as flat as possible, cause if not the mower would scalp a lot.

Whenever I witnessed his work, after using the 32" single-blade machine, I thought the results from it looked fine.

S man
03-09-2007, 12:39 AM
No, I sure haven't. Although there is a fellow that manages properties out here on Brockenbraugh Ct. in Old Metairie that owns one. He once told me that he only uses it on properties that are as flat as possible, cause if not the mower would scalp a lot.

Whenever I witnessed his work, after using the 32" single-blade machine, I thought the results from it looked fine.

The reason I'm sort of leaning towards that model is because the deck is floating not fixed so I would adjust the deck easily and not scalp like the fixed deck turboforce. Also this mower has the same recycler deck as our 21" toros that cut great. So it's ready to roll for mulching. Most of my lawns do have some slopes and ruts in kenner. Supprisingly.

TPLawnPro
03-09-2007, 11:04 AM
I am confident that the 32" unit will do quite well for you. Toro has been manufacturing that mower for a long time, so I'm sure it is designed to serve its purpose very well.

If I had the need for another 32", I would certainly consider buying the 32" single-blade model.

S man
03-09-2007, 09:54 PM
I am confident that the 32" unit will do quite well for you. Toro has been manufacturing that mower for a long time, so I'm sure it is designed to serve its purpose very well.

If I had the need for another 32", I would certainly consider buying the 32" single-blade model.

Yes. Wade will let me demo it on my lawns next week. Let's meet.

TPLawnPro
03-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Which day are you heading over there? Give me a time, and I'll be sure to head on over there.