PDA

View Full Version : Bidding to spec

bicmudpuppy
02-09-2006, 08:17 PM
Do you ever wonder when you get one of those text book archeticture dreams if everyone else is bidding to spec? I am almost finished bidding an addition to a system. It is primarily drip with one zone of RB3504s. The LA spec'd PEB's for the valves and the system is on a two wire comm setup using the RB decoders in each box. That means that the 1" PEB in a standard box per specs has a wholesale cost of almost $130. The 3/4 medium flow drip kits ended up at around $160 per zone just for the box, valve, pressure reducer, filter, decoder and misc. parts. I am looking at the numbers (total of over 7500' of LD-09-24) and going WOW, what idiot would buy this? All the drip is spec'd with air relief and quick coupler flush valves and 3/4" PVC fill and flush lines. Does this really ever happen in the "real" world?

PurpHaze
02-09-2006, 10:19 PM
I don't think I've EVER met a landscape architect that lives in the real world. :nono:

LandscapePro
02-09-2006, 10:22 PM
I don't think I've EVER met a landscape architect that lives in the real world. :nono:

Amen brotha!!!!!! :blob4:

Mike
la. Landscape Contractor #2576

PurpHaze
02-09-2006, 10:26 PM
Amen brotha!!!!!! :blob4:

Mike
la. Landscape Contractor #2576

Show me an LA that has trench time AND common sense and I'll lick his/her boots. :p