PDA

View Full Version : what do I charge?

B&J
02-09-2006, 11:11 PM
the owner of a shopping center asked if I would be interested in doing landscaping on his property, he asked what I would charge...problem is all he has are small bushes about 50 or 60 what should I charge for this :confused:

CutInEdge Lawn Care
02-09-2006, 11:21 PM
What is your hourly rate? How many hours do you think it will take? How much visibilty to other comercial accounts are there, ( for future references) etc... Do all clippings have to be dispersed or can you leave them there. Are you going to lowball the job and then wait 90 days for payment or are they going to pay cash on service day? You can fig the #'s anyway you like. The bottom line is what do you need to take home at the end of the day!! Good Luck!!!

ArkansasLawns
02-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Ask yourself if you really need to take on this project? If the answer is no then bid to make it wworth your time. If the answer is yes then think about what you have charged people in the past for trimming up bushes.

You could charge by the bush. Just don't tell the owner that. Just come up with a total. Without seeing the project its really hard to say how much. How much do you charge by the hour? 50 bushes- at least $200 to $250.

salandscape
02-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Get some more ifo, don't know where you are, but in NE we spend som etime on Leaves in the fall! Are you doing fall cleanups? What kind of frequebcy are they looking for, chances are it isn't a one or two shot deal like a residential account, you can estimate the time and give him a per visit or seasonal price. As far as the shrubs go, yeah first figure a time estimate, including dumping if necessary, then find out frequency, some commercial properties need to be kept tidier than others. If your unsure about your time estimate round up. It is better to lose the job because you were to high than to get the job and lose money for pricing to low.