PDA

View Full Version : Interlocking Pavers-how to install step by step

Green Elegance
02-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Hello and good day everyone,
I have a customer who does not wat to pay for having concrete poured and installed to extend an existing patio. I was going to charge $8-9/ sqft for this. So she is thinking of some time of "cheaper" install, but get the same type of look. I was thinking of pavers of some sort..........anyone have any suggestion? If so please provide the method for install and the supplies necessary. This is 300sqft possibly more. I have installed flagstone(dry) using metal edging, but not sure what base and fill materials required.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS: I am new to the lawn and landscape business so please be kind.....LOL

Green Elegance Lawn & Landscape
www.green-elegance.com

Carolina Cuts
02-10-2006, 06:39 PM
I found alot of help on this topic at home depot. Plenty of books there... Step by step..

Green Elegance
02-10-2006, 06:49 PM
Carolina........I guess my only thing would be how to charge the customer. I know I will need the base material and sand for top base and fill..........but not sure on how to charge. I usually charge my customer for materials plus a mark up.......then bill them for labor seperately. Just was hoping for details. I will definitely get a book as well.........
Thanks,
-Dan

GreenMonster
02-10-2006, 07:08 PM
I charge more than $8-9/s.f for pavers. Concrete is typically a cheaper option than pavers.

cgland
02-10-2006, 07:38 PM
As Mark said, poured in place concrete is waayyy cheaper than pavers. The labor alone is more than $8-$9 in my area. Just remember, the longevity of a PROPERLY installed paver area is 10 fold that of concrete.

Chris

Green Elegance
02-10-2006, 07:51 PM
Okay, that answers my question........I will simply advise the customer that paver install is way more costly than concrete.
By the way, what do you typically charge the customer for paver install(assuming the site is only needin sod removal and excavation, no obstacles)
Thanks to all,

YardPro
02-10-2006, 10:19 PM
$10-$15.00/sq ft here

cgland
02-10-2006, 10:46 PM
Depending on type of paver, application, pattern, linear feet of cutting, access, etc. $15-$25/sq. ft.

Chris

UNISCAPER
02-11-2006, 09:10 PM
TYpically, pavers cost more than concrete, however, when you get into those small pours, by the time you get a short load of concrete, hire a finisher (who charges the same per day no matter how long he is there) the concrete might pencil higher.

Now with areas over 500 sf or so, thats when concrete starts becomming the cheaper option, at least around these here parts.

neversatisfiedj
02-12-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm raising prices. Unilock products went up 8% this year.

kootoomootoo
02-12-2006, 02:17 AM
I'm raising prices. Unilock products went up 8% this year.

Unilock prices here were same as last year. Did a price check last week.
Brussels Block $3.49 sq ft. Dimensional $3.14ea