PDA

View Full Version : Garden Light Fixtures

TxCaddy
02-10-2006, 09:32 PM
Another supplier that I have encountered is a company called Garden Light. They only deal with contractors but from what I can tell in my research is they have an incredible customer service program and have lifetime warranties on their transformers and fixtures. Anybody ever heard of 'em or had any experience with them?

Broker
02-11-2006, 12:07 AM
do they have a website?

TxCaddy
02-11-2006, 06:20 AM
Yes!

http://www.landscape-lighting.net/index.html

landscapelight
02-11-2006, 04:14 PM
my policy has always been-If my client can buy the same product for the same price- then I wouldn't consider offering it. This place is just another "Garden variety" (pardon the pun) supplier who is selling the same made in China knockoffs that 100 others are. Commodity generics for those looking for the lowest upfront cost for product that is only guaranteed to fail shortly after being installed. Stick with a local supplier and buy name brands.payup

steveparrott
02-11-2006, 04:39 PM
I agree with landscapelight's assessment. Plus, if you look at their online catalog, you'll see that only a subset of their fixtures have lifetime warranty. Also, any company that claims a lifetime warranty on any sockets, breakers, photocells, timers and taps is fooling you. The best-made of these components may fail within a few years of contsant use. As an installer, you'll be left in a situation of trying to explain to your customers why they have to pay you to service these parts when you promised them a lifetime free of failures. And, you'll need to convince the manufacturer that the system was properly installed to claim your warranty. Better to go with a manufacturer who's upfront with actual life expectancy of components and who has designed their products to be easily serviced in the field.

landscapelight
02-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Amen, Steve

TxCaddy
02-11-2006, 10:43 PM
A very good point!

dab212s
03-03-2006, 12:49 AM
Our company is new and have had great luck with garden light. There customer service has been great thus far. The company i use to work for in a different town uses them a lot and has had great luck with garden light. Just my opinion.

dab212s
03-03-2006, 12:52 AM
We are a new company and i'm learning tons from this forum. Thanks to all that have put post up. Still learning.

www.landscapeillumination.net :)

Harry0
03-11-2006, 08:37 PM
I have used Garden Light for a year now and found there products as good if not better than the"name brands". Their pricing great. As far as endurance-we will see. I have had problems with Vista and Nightscaping near the ocean so lets see.
Harry

TheHotShotKid
03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Do you care to discuss the nature of your problems with said product?

Harry0
03-12-2006, 09:05 AM
With Vista and Nightscaping I have had pitting and cracking of finish on fixtures. I am sure this is due to salt air. I will be trying other finishes for these applications. I am not knocking their product I am saying Garden Light is as good if not better and you cut out the middle man by buying direct.
Harry

TheHotShotKid
03-12-2006, 09:10 AM
So what you are saying is that you are sick and tired of paying a premium for a brand name only to have it fall apart.

DS73
03-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Hello all. I just received a link to this page and thought I would throw my two cents in for anyone who might find it beneficial. I have been using Garden Light's product line for approximately ten years now and landscape lighting is all I do. I have done lighting in three states and on two different continents. After having tried virtually every other manufacturer out there I can tell you that I have found none that even come close to the quality of Garden Light. The fixtures are not Chinese manufactured, and anyone who has installed them can attest to that. My personal experience with Garden Light over the years has been nothing but positive. They are knowledgeable, helpful, and they stand behind their products. I would recommend them to anyone who wants quality service and a quality product at a fair price. I am confident that anyone who has done business with other manufacturers in the past would find Garden Light to be superior in every way.

NightScenes
03-24-2008, 04:52 PM
All I can say about Garden Light is this, if I can't say ANYTHING nice about them, I won't say anything at all. Therefore I will keep my mouth shut!!! I do suggest maybe a step up to Malibu though.:laugh:

NightLightingFX
03-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I have used Garden Light. I really like their Brass Well Light model #B1022. you can angle the light source within the fixture - I like that. (I posted a picture of these fixtures in the "Favorite Inground for Concrete, stone tile & etc." thread) Their price on that fixture use to be very reasonable but they have bumped the price up a lot higher. I probably won't be using their Brass Well Light any more because Copper Moon has come out with a Brass Well Light that also has a movable light source within the fixture. Also, Copper Moon is a member of the AOLP - I try to do business with AOLP members. Garden Light's new Brass Spot Light is interesting, for the price and the fact that it is all brass it is a very tempting fixture. I ordered one to check out. I don't do a lot of business with GL. Their service has been pretty good based on the business I have done with them. Upon speaking with thier sales guy my understanding is that thier product is produced in Taiwan not China. I guess Taiwan has better quality control then China. This is my 2 cents on them I don't use a lot of their products but I haven't had any real problems with them and their products.
~Ned

NightScenes
03-24-2008, 08:00 PM
I have run into a bunch of their stuff lately that a company (that is now out of business in my area) installed. This stuff is just falling apart and has only been installed for less than 2 years. These are the aluminum bullet lights that I'm replacing but the par well lights are the usual that you see from everyone.

Pro-Scapes
03-24-2008, 08:15 PM
I have used Garden Light. I really like their Brass Well Light model #B1022. you can angle the light source within the fixture - I like that. (I posted a picture of these fixtures in the "Favorite Inground for Concrete, stone tile & etc." thread) Their price on that fixture use to be very reasonable but they have bumped the price up a lot higher. I probably won't be using their Brass Well Light any more because Copper Moon has come out with a Brass Well Light that also has a movable light source within the fixture. Also, Copper Moon is a member of the AOLP - I try to do business with AOLP members. Garden Light's new Brass Spot Light is interesting, for the price and the fact that it is all brass it is a very tempting fixture. I ordered one to check out. I don't do a lot of business with GL. Their service has been pretty good based on the business I have done with them. Upon speaking with thier sales guy my understanding is that thier product is produced in Taiwan not China. I guess Taiwan has better quality control then China. This is my 2 cents on them I don't use a lot of their products but I haven't had any real problems with them and their products.
~Ned

The coppermoon cm390 your speaking off is built like a Tank. I had intended to use these on that last project but we could not get deep enough for them. Its also avalible as the 390G which has a grate.

Chris J
03-24-2008, 10:13 PM
Hello all. I just received a link to this page and thought I would throw my two cents in for anyone who might find it beneficial. I have been using Garden Light's product line for approximately ten years now and landscape lighting is all I do. I have done lighting in three states and on two different continents. After having tried virtually every other manufacturer out there I can tell you that I have found none that even come close to the quality of Garden Light. The fixtures are not Chinese manufactured, and anyone who has installed them can attest to that. My personal experience with Garden Light over the years has been nothing but positive. They are knowledgeable, helpful, and they stand behind their products. I would recommend them to anyone who wants quality service and a quality product at a fair price. I am confident that anyone who has done business with other manufacturers in the past would find Garden Light to be superior in every way.

Now that you have found your way to this site, maybe you would enlighten us with a link to your web page so we can view all of these glorious designs that you have created using the GL products. We would also like to have more information on your company bio so we can contact you directly for more information. I highly doubt this will happen, however, as you are clearly a Garden Light representative who is a poser! This type of activity is not appreciated on our forum, so it would behoove you to remove yourself from this place and go back to home depot where you belong.

INTEGRA Bespoke Lighting
03-25-2008, 12:05 AM
Having never heard of Garden Light in the 10 years I have been in this gig I took a trip to the website with an open mind.

I don't have to order any samples to understand what they are offering. I would suggest that the management of that company might be better served by boxing up their wares and finding a suitable retail outlet. Perhaps Target is looking for a line of Garden Lights? Maybe ACE Hardware?

There will be no "Garden Light" seeing the light of day in my client's lives.

Have a great day.