PDA

View Full Version : Alright, which one of you guys did this?

Dirty Water
02-10-2006, 09:48 PM
http://www.tonyrogers.com/humor/women_outlive_men/men8.jpg

Squizzy246B
02-10-2006, 10:16 PM
Its an amzing set of pic's but from memory its just a bit of computer based hogwash...fun to look at though.

randy448
02-10-2006, 10:34 PM
this does happen. also go from car to car to unload. way bigger gonads than I've got!

gammon landscaping
02-10-2006, 11:45 PM
i seen a guy in florida that had a 20 foot dump trailer with 4 foot sides loaded full with brush above the sides and a t300 on top of the pile chained on...scared me to death just seeing him go down the road

Scag48
02-11-2006, 02:48 AM
That's not computer generated, it can actually be done. Crazy, isn't it? I'd give it a shot....on a rental backhoe.

Squizzy246B
02-11-2006, 03:32 AM
I found it.

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/photo/archive/archive_51-100/photo73.htm

You can't that with a standard backhoe. The machine is specially modified and they have to back the train up etc.

Here's more from the site:

Here is the question:
Is he someone you would employ to be on your site team?
Is he the answer to your prayers (Mr. Action Man), or
Is he your worst nightmare (Mr. Excessive Risk Taker)
Its been said many times….
There is a fine line between ingenuity and stupidity

allinearth
02-11-2006, 08:23 AM
Holy s@#$!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

all ferris
02-11-2006, 09:59 AM
something about that bucket on the backhoe looks out of place. The bucket is just as big as the rear wheels????

westernpa
02-11-2006, 10:01 AM
Looks like special brackets mounted on the bucket and just behind the front axle that somehow lock onto the rail car to keep the machine from tipping. It's definitely not your standard hoe!

jreiff
02-11-2006, 01:15 PM
There has to be an easier way to unload the car than that???

Scag48
02-11-2006, 03:55 PM
The stabilizers have huge pads creating a much larger area to either sit on the sand or the side of the car, not really sure how wide the hoe is compared to the rail car. The front bucket looks like it has some sort of bracket mounted so he can grab the car just right. Notice how big the bucket on the hoe is, pretty good size.

janb
02-12-2006, 12:25 AM
yeah I saw these about a year ago, (whole set, no high speed internet now - unemployed :nono: ), but... I still would like to see a clip of how they get from pic 3 to pic 4, as railcar doesn't move, but there is definately not boom travel left in 3 to get you there...(4) possibly with extending boom, but..., they still are not out of the woods in 4 (center of gravity), too far back. Maybe they have 'spider' gripping fingers on their buckets. (I'd want them on my 'shorts') Where they unloaded the cars, It was a major drop off. (would be quite a tumble) It seems it was a 'Historic Railroad' crew (train buffs). Obviously a 'volunteer effort, I don't think Workmans comp would cover that...

Squizzy246B
02-12-2006, 07:41 AM
You can watch a proper video on this site:

http://www.herzogcompanies.com/rrservices/cartopper.php

murray83
02-12-2006, 08:48 AM
looks to me like a track crew. i worked for the local railroad for about 5 months one summer when i was in high school,the hoe is used to offload ballast along the track as the train is moving.

a good track gang operator can do this trick in about 5 minutes flat we used a 416C IT with a special rig that hooks on the upper rim of the hopper and will go from each car in the train to empty it out its pretty cool to watch in person