PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Bid

cwlawley
02-12-2006, 12:52 AM
I have a customer that wants us to install 15 years of triple shred mulch in her yard. My price on this mulch is $12/pickup a yard or $16 delivered per yard. I do not have anything to pick this up all at once.

I am a solo operator with two part time helpers although I will only have one on this job. Part time is makes roughly $10 per hour. All of the mulch will have to be wheelbarrowed around the house to the backyard, about 150 feet per dump. What would you guys do this for...I was thinking close to $55 per yard.

Collin
02-12-2006, 07:50 AM
I have a customer that wants us to install 15 years of triple shred mulch in her yard. My price on this mulch is $12/pickup a yard or $16 delivered per yard. I do not have anything to pick this up all at once.

I am a solo operator with two part time helpers although I will only have one on this job. Part time is makes roughly $10 per hour. All of the mulch will have to be wheelbarrowed around the house to the backyard, about 150 feet per dump. What would you guys do this for...I was thinking close to $55 per yard.

I would buy bags and carry it

cwlawley
02-12-2006, 11:01 AM

Are you serious?

Gatewayuser
02-12-2006, 09:59 PM
Do to distance i would charge $80 per yard at least. Good Luck!

YardPro
02-12-2006, 10:46 PM
ditto

we did a detailed time study a few years back.. we found that we made more money using bag mulch, than bulk (less than tractor load quantaties).

the mulch was more, but it takes way less time to handle and apply it, and there is NO CLEANUP.. also you only use exactly what you need for the job, you order too much just take it back to the shop and re sell the product...
I give a job price, so it i am over a little on the muclh i order, i do not have to put it out there.. i can re sell it somewhere else....

we use bag whenever possible...

we do however go through a few tractor trailer loads bulk mulch per year for large properties.... We pay about 1K for 80 yards... this is just past the bag is cheaper threshold....

dg0123
02-12-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm a firm believer in using bagged mulch whenever possible. Quicker to put out, less to clean up, easier to handle, and easier on the ole' back. Toss them in a wheelbarrow or back your truck up as close as you can. Good Luck!