PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of my trailer lettering idea?

keepoffthegrass
02-12-2006, 09:38 AM
Hi, I am looking for input on my idea. below is a picture of the lettering i plan to do on my trailer for this year. It is not strictly mowing. My plan is to make enough money this year to buy my own truck so dad doesnt have to bike to work everyday and i can start my lawncare business next year. My business plan for the next 5 years includes having 2-3 residential crews similar to JustMowIt's but based on a 99-200? gmc/chevy 1500 v6 work truck. they will get custom made ramps and trimmer racks and get really nice lettering. these crews will run 36" WB's which is best for my area. More crews will be added as routes fill up. I then Want to get a commercial truck/trailer setup similar to Hazell lawn Cares. I will start and run that crew when i get out of college. (horticulture & landscaping). I feel i have the perfect area to do this. There is constant development going on thousands and thousands of subdivision homes as well as commersial and high end estates.

Anyway back on topic- With this lettering do you think i can get by registering my business. yes i will have insurance and yes i will pay taxes so please no bashing hammer !!!

The first pic is my current "rig" (you'll see why when you click it haha), the second is my lettering design.:)

jtkplc
02-12-2006, 10:33 AM
The design needs some color...like green perhaps.

G.L. In Ont
02-12-2006, 10:40 AM
It looks good, but there's a lot to read there. It would be great if it were parked somewhere, but while it's moving you wouldn't be able to read everything. I'd make the phone # bigger and your name and pick another way to bundle all those services or just pick a couple.

GL canada

keepoffthegrass
02-12-2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the suggestions, will take into consideration. keep them coming.--------Korey

CutRight
02-13-2006, 01:20 AM
Id put just your business name and phone number on the side
keep it simple

and on the back gate put all the things you do, try to tone it down to something like
Full Maintainence Services offered,

keep it simple so people dont have to work hard to see your sign. if its too much theyre just not going to read it. straight forward to the point.

i dont know about the "student for hire!" you may get discriminated against, also people may think that since your a student your work will have a low cost. thats just my first impression. dont get me wrong im currently a college student myself. but as the owner of my company i am a professional, not just a student.

Tim Wright
02-13-2006, 09:14 AM
I personally would not use :STUDENT FOR HIRE" for two reasons that I can think of right off the bat."

1. If you are thinking of this as your lively hood business and not just a summer job, or if there is any chance of such, you will have to change the name when you are no longer a student.

2. It does not say Professional in any way.

Tim

6'7 330
02-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Think about dropping the student for hire, it screams out I'm for hire cheap.

It does not put forth a professional image.

jmkr02
02-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Drop the Student your saying cheap. Where are you going to school for landscape and hort?

keepoffthegrass
02-13-2006, 01:27 PM
Drop the Student your saying cheap. Where are you going to school for landscape and hort?

I'll be atending St. Clair College, Windsor campus. canada

keepoffthegrass
02-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Thanks for all the advice. My original intentions were to do this just this year to save up and start my lawn care company next year. I also did not want to register a business or anything this year, I just wanted to make some money using my dads truck and the equipment that I already own. I would be willing to register it as a business just for this year though. Does anyone have any ideas for a name other then student for hire?

Kelch Services
Kelch Property Maintenance
Kelch Enterprises
Kelch ???

Any good ideas?

Jpocket
02-13-2006, 02:59 PM
How about "Kelch Landscapes" Complete landscape Miantenace

Lazer_Z
02-13-2006, 03:15 PM
How about "Kelch Landscapes" Complete landscape Miantenace
Ditto what Jpocket said.

Rob

keepoffthegrass
02-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Only problem is until i get into and then graduate from college i have NO expierience in landscaping really.. I have only ever done 1 mulch bed. my serivces will include but not be limited to:

Lawnmowing
Pressure washing
asphalt sealing
chainsaw work
painting / staining
loads to dump
small moves
gutter cleaning
leaf cleanups

nothing really has to do with landscapes

Thanks --------Korey

greenpastureslc
02-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Only problem is until i get into and then graduate from college i have NO expierience in landscaping really.. I have only ever done 1 mulch bed. my serivces will include but not be limited to:

Lawnmowing
Pressure washing
asphalt sealing
chainsaw work
painting / staining
loads to dump
small moves
gutter cleaning
leaf cleanups

nothing really has to do with landscapes

Thanks --------Korey

Try 'Kelch Home Services'. A guy in my area does everything you do plus some. He uses the same name and does very well in this area.

tcls83
02-13-2006, 05:26 PM
gmc <-- What's with this?

This picture seems like advertising for GM!

I think its pretty cool though, keep it.

I'd say don't ever let a Ford picture get in there just to tease the Ford guys!

keepoffthegrass
02-13-2006, 08:39 PM
gmc <-- What's with this?

This picture seems like advertising for GM!

I think its pretty cool though, keep it.

I'd say don't ever let a Ford picture get in there just to tease the Ford guys!

When originally writing the thread i didnt even know about the new gmc thing i went go write gmc and then a big gmc poped up. so i was like cool! I like gmc. wish i had a gmc!

tcls83
02-13-2006, 09:45 PM
I didn't mean the gmc you put up I was just wondering how the gmc ended up on this forum. I think the gmc is cool and I would also love to own a gmc .

Message to the Lawnsite staff: Dont give us the option for us to use a Ford Truck picture similie. Ford does make a good truck, but for obvious reasons, I can see how you decided to go with a gmc over a Ford.