PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a dump body?

bigjeeping
02-12-2006, 06:46 PM
Trying to find prices on a dump body for my F-450. Anyone know of anywhere, perferrably in Michigan, but surrounding states will work.

Lets here some stories about your dumper.. how much money it's made you and by doing what. Salting, mulch, rocks...?

Same thread is on plowsite, just trying to hit 2 birds.

CLARK LAWN
02-12-2006, 08:29 PM
i believe there is a "QUALITY TRUCK BODY" in Detroit we have one here in Youngstown.i have been dealing with them for years they are very good i can probably get you a phone number if you can't find it. BTW they are a HEIL distributor

UNISCAPER
02-13-2006, 09:42 AM
Regardless of the truck, if I was in the market for a dump body, the only one I would buy is a Henderson body. They use a telescopic ram built in a dog cage at the nose of the box, they have drop sides and they uise 8 guage steel on the floor rather than recycled beer cans line Crysteel, or Rugby, or many other lessor cost bodies use. Not to mention scissors lifts aren't half the lift a telescopic ram is.

I know of dealers in Illinois, my suggestion is google the name and find a dealer nearest you.

As far as stories, we don't use dump bidies, they are all roll offs. In our company operations, that system works best in much of the challenged access sites we work in.

Gravel Rat
02-13-2006, 02:07 PM
The only two manufacturers that semi mass produce dump bodies with telescoping hoists is Henderson and Del Equipment/hydraulics. The F-450s can handle a good load I personally only run lwb trucks with 11-12 bodies a 8 or 9' box is too short for what I do.

You may even want to consider a all aluminum box if you want max payload and if you are in the areas where road salt rot is a problem.

The prices I got for a drop down side mason box 11' was 7000-9000 dollars depending on options etc thats CND prices. If you just want a fixed side mason dump its probably will be more around 7000 dollars installed.

The one thing you have to keep in mind mason dumps are heavy you are adding 2000lbs to the truck. Some manufactures really use the thin formed metal trying to keep the weight down.

Good Luck with the decision as for hoists stick with a telescoping post hoist I ordered mine it doesn't weigh anymore than 200lbs even less than that I can carry it. You look at a scissor hoist its close to 500lbs well that 500lbs eats into your payload its also 500lbs of dead weight you drive around with. Also the scissor hoist needs quite a bit of clearance between the box and the trucks frame so it raises the loading height of the box considerably. That is a important consideration if you load stuff into your truck by hand.