PDA

View Full Version : this then this then this.....

texas
02-13-2006, 07:10 AM
do you aerate seed then fertilize or what? im doing it in the end of september/early october. also how much to charge just seeding?

texas
02-13-2006, 07:18 AM
can i seed with a granular fertilizer spreader? :confused:

SWD
02-13-2006, 09:21 AM
Talk about a loaded question!
Without getting into the explanations - Yes you can.
Step 1: mow turf to a uniform height. 2: If irrigated, apply enough water to soften the soil so deeper cores may be made. 3: Clean up the cores, either by raking or mowing - mowing is easier yet you will lose a set of blades in this process so price accordingly. 4: Fertilize, then 5: Seed.

Now, you didn't mention location, turf type, size, soil structure, intended use of renovated area, amount of sunlight, etc...
All of which has an impact on selecting the proper turf to seed and price to charge.

My suggestion, go to your nearest public library and begin reading everything about home/residential lawn/turf care. Acquire a basic language vocabulary then begin to apply this knowledge to your client's lawns.

PMLAWN
02-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Do you need to clean up the cores in TX. We do not do that in NC.

daveintoledo
02-13-2006, 01:27 PM
there breakdown, is part of the process,

texas
02-13-2006, 07:19 PM
thanks. dancing

SWD
02-14-2006, 09:06 AM
There exists no regulation to my knowledge about core clean up,
However, for a 15ksqft yard in front of a $3M home - I'm not about to charge $350 for aerification then leave the cores lying about.
I have aJrco springtine rake mounted on the front of one of my three 60" ZTR -
the clean up process is:
rake while mowing - in to a windrow for pick up - follow up with a 36" wb with a bagger.