PDA

View Full Version : landscaping trailers w/ warning lights ?

duke99
02-13-2006, 11:30 PM
i was just curious to see if anyone one here who obviously owns a landscaping trailer has any kind of warning light on the back side or anywhere on their trailers for safety??

sgallaher
02-14-2006, 12:39 PM
I've been thinking about this also. Does anyone have any pics of this?
us flag

mowingtowing
02-14-2006, 12:47 PM
i mounted a aber strobe (oval type) top and center on the back of my enclosed trailer. It flashes when i have the truck in reverse.

BSDeality
02-14-2006, 01:06 PM
you could get a set of LED's to come on with the reverse lights. Also you could retrofit a set of Whelen S/T/T lights equipped with SignalAlert. They are what some DOT trucks have where it flashes when they brake/turn or 4-way flasher.

Personally this spring I will be adding a set of Whelen TIR3's to the back side of my trailer, they have a small footprint, but boy are they bright. I will wire them to the reverse light lead and also wire them to my breakaway battery so i can run them when the truck is off.

I added TIR6's to my F350 last week and they really grab your attention.

duke99
02-14-2006, 02:01 PM
i have a 6 X 12 tandem axle with 4 micro lights (LED's) facing the backside .... they operate of a able 2 led power pack and small battery on the inside of the trailer ... i just didnt know if i was the only guy in michigan who thought about safety .... didnt want poeple thinkin i was an idiot with all these lights flashing on my trailer LOL .. thinkin about adding some to my areation / dethatching trailer i just built ..

amar
02-14-2006, 02:35 PM
I added TIR6's to my F350 last week and they really grab your attention.

Those look illegal on a non police or EMT vehicle.

Impersonating an officer ticket in MI

Is there a way to make your hazard lights flash faster with out buying a $300 kit?

BSDeality
02-14-2006, 02:46 PM
amber strobes/TIR6's are NOT illegal in CT. I'm not impersonating anyone with amber lights, i'm covering my ass.

amar
02-14-2006, 03:00 PM
amber strobes/TIR6's are NOT illegal in CT. I'm not impersonating anyone with amber lights, i'm covering my ass.

I looked at the web site they only showed them in a white. Amber is ok here to.

BSDeality
02-14-2006, 03:04 PM
you can get them in many colors such as white, blue, red, amber, purple, green. Most of the TIR3/6's come with clear lenses but colored LEDs.

I got amber LED's with clear lenses to blend in better to my grill and tool box.

BSDeality
02-14-2006, 03:05 PM
oh, and as per hazard flasher you want whats called a Modulator. I've found plenty for motorcycle head/stoplights, but not much for automotive 4-ways/turns/stops

amar
02-14-2006, 03:38 PM
oh, and as per hazard flasher you want whats called a Modulator. I've found plenty for motorcycle head/stoplights, but not much for automotive 4-ways/turns/stops

It seams they should have a direct replacement for your flasher in the fuse box to make them faster.

BSDeality
02-14-2006, 04:53 PM
thats what I was hoping for, but no such luck yet. I plan on switching the entire truck over to LED bulbs in the future so i can leave the lights on all day without worrying about the batteries (dual battery cause its a diesel) dying.

start2finish
02-14-2006, 08:08 PM
I spent a few years in the volunteer fire department here, and I had a setup that flashed my reverse lights and brake lights alternately. RED/WHITE it showed up well particulary in the early and late hours when the sun is low. check GALL'S they are online but as mentioned earlier in this thread make sure that you don't break the law with the best intentions.

ALarsh
02-14-2006, 11:12 PM
A cone is good enough for me. No need for fancy lights when parked on the side of the road.

BSDeality
02-14-2006, 11:20 PM
I have cones too I'm hoping that the lights will grab their attention more. I had a mail lady drive over one of my cones and up my trailer gate two years ago. I'm just glad I wasn't standing at the back of the trailer then.

NIXRAY
02-17-2006, 10:54 PM
Yes In Michigan It's Illegal To Run "strobes" On A Public Road Inless
You Are On Side Of The Road Or Obstructing A Lane,( We Put Abut 2 Cones Up One Behind The Trailer And One Infront. We Can Get A "whelen" Style Strobe Kit Aka Plug In Strobe's For About $20 Pair
At Auto Zone Or Advance Auto Parts (look In The Neon Section)
That's What We Run