PDA

View Full Version : EZ Dumper wiring

tazman
02-14-2006, 10:56 AM
I just purchased a used ez dumper and it came with no wiring information. I have the red and black battery wires, but also three wires that go from the controller. Not sure were the controller wires go. Any info helpful. Also, is there a way manuallly to raise the dumper so I can bolt it in? Thanks.

Allen's LS
02-14-2006, 11:16 AM
I just purchased a used ez dumper and it came with no wiring information. I have the red and black battery wires, but also three wires that go from the controller. Not sure were the controller wires go. Any info helpful. Also, is there a way manuallly to raise the dumper so I can bolt it in? Thanks.

You should be able to go to the dealer you purchased it from or their website and get the wiring info.

tazman
02-14-2006, 11:20 AM
It wasn't from a dealer but a private individual. Thanks

olderthandirt
02-14-2006, 11:23 AM
three wires that go to the controller go to the raise, lower and a neutral/ground button. and yes you can raise the dumper by cracking a hydralic line just a bit to let pressure out of the line.

tazman
02-14-2006, 11:31 AM
The three wires connect to the dump motor I would guess? Also, if I were to bleed the line, wouldn't that relieve pressure and lower the dump? I need to raise it since I have no power to it. I thought I could just connect the red and black to a battery and raise it, but that did not work. Thanks for info.

olderthandirt
02-14-2006, 11:36 AM
are the wires connected to the controller? if they are then they need to be connected to the motor pump control. and you have to crack the line to relieve pressure and use a jack or a chain or something to lift it. your not gonna be lifting it by hand. Connect to the battery and then find the pump control and touch the wires to it and try it till it works in the correct position. you wont hurt it because the controller is just a fancy 3 way toggle switch.

tazman
02-14-2006, 11:43 AM
OK, that makes sense. I figured I was going to have to use a chain or jack. Thanks for the info.

lwcmattlifter
02-14-2006, 12:14 PM
Is your pump a Monarch M-319? Look at page 11 of this PDF (http://www.truckcraft.com/images/upload/TC-100_OwnersManual.pdf) Truck Craft, EZ-Dumper and Bri-Mar all use this type of pump. The reservoir may be different but the wiring is the same.

hosejockey2002
02-14-2006, 03:01 PM
When you install it be sure to prop up the bed. Your insert should have a built in bed prop. You wouldn't want it to come down on you unexpectedly, it could really wreck your day.:cry:

tazman
02-14-2006, 05:51 PM
Thank you for the reply. Very helpful information.

tazman
02-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Thanks for all the info. It was a great help. But now I have another question. I got the dumper working, but then noticed that there is fluid coming out of the pump. It is coming out of a hole that is about 2 inches from the top of the dump cylinder. I think the hole is threaded, but have not been able to physically get close enought to check. Does any one know if that is some type of breather hole, should there be screw there to keep the fluid from being pushed out, or what. The hole is a little bigger than 1/4". Thanks in advance for any info.