PDA

View Full Version : billing/online billing

BSME
02-14-2006, 11:56 AM
I know we've already talked about leaving bills after you finish working but since I'm not at 100% of the jobs now I am mailing more bills than I used to.

For those of you that mail bills what do you put down for a due date?

also... how many of you accept online bill paying? I currently accept credit cards but am wondering if anyone knew how easy and expensive it was to set up (and practical).

I plan on calling to talk to them about it but was wondering what you guys who currently do it thought. I know you're paying the 2% or whatever but was wondering how much quicker you get paid.

Wet_Boots
02-15-2006, 10:06 AM
I always use the date the work was done as the invoice date. With no other date to be seen, I believe that indicates the payment is due immediately.

BSME
02-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Yea I like that...

but i've found that for the people who pay late... the "net 10" doesn't really do anything to encourage them to pay quicker since they are already late... I feel like they think that since they are already late they may as well take another couple weeks...

I guess I was more curious about online payment but looking at people's websites here I haven't found any that accept it

BSME
02-15-2006, 10:49 AM
one idea is what JimLewis does... I don't want to copy/paste his material but that seems like a pretty good idea...

speaking of copy/pasting stuff that could be copyrighted... I'm working on a postcard to send to current customers as a reminder for spring turn ons... I want to use a picture of some sprinklers but there is still snow on the ground here... any of you have any classy pics you'd let me use? If you go to google image and look for sprinklers the same 3-5 pictures keep popping up on guy's websites but I figure it has to be somebody's original pic...

foggyjr5
02-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Why don't you try somthing like paypal. It is easy and fairly cheap. They charge a % of the total. It isnt that much though. I am thinking about offering it this year

Wet_Boots
02-15-2006, 11:03 AM
Manufacturers have the best photos, so I'd look for their sites first. You buy their products, you ought to be able to appropriate their photos as 'sales aids'

bicmudpuppy
02-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Why don't you try somthing like paypal. It is easy and fairly cheap. They charge a % of the total. It isnt that much though. I am thinking about offering it this year
Paypal is going to cost you around 3%. If you think that isn't much and you realize it means they get an additional advantage to canceling throught their credit card company and all you will get is a negative transaction back............ It may generate revenue, but it has a cost

SprinklerGuy
02-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Why not have the techs that ARE on the job...if you aren't there.....leave a bill?