PDA

View Full Version : How Much 4 Paver Install

clyde
02-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Hi all ,

I need some help this is the first paver job i have had. Other than for a friend which you all know that goes as far as pay.

Ok i have a client that needs an "L" shape sidewalk from the drive to the front door. the longer part of the "L" is 28'x 4' wide and the shorter part is 11' x 4'wide. They want the very plane 16" grey brick paver. He has totaled 95pieces need. There is nothing really in the way some monkey grass but only about 3ft of it.
and the ground is pretty level.

My question is how much per sqft and does that include WHAT? and WHAT DOESN'T it include.

I have Lowes and Home Depot close by .. what would be a good retainer to use for the paver border ( metal or plastic or wood ?)

clyde
02-14-2006, 12:12 PM
Oh and how far down should i dig and should i use some sort of gravel underneath and i have seen ppl using a small coragated pipe and liner ...
should i do all this for the price per square ft ?

Adam@SUNYCobleskill
02-14-2006, 02:39 PM
man, you need to know what you are doing before you jump right into a job for a real client. Its one thing to do jobs for friends (its great practice, ive done pleanty of jobs for family friends) but if you royaly mess up a job for a real client it could be devistating to your business and your reputation. Search around this forum, there are pleanty of threads on how to "correctly" lay a patio, walkway, ect...
-Adam

BMFD92
02-14-2006, 04:00 PM
do yourself and the customer a favor and sub it out to a more experienced hardscaper and watch them because it sounds like you need some more experience. Take the ICPI course or work with someone experienced in pavers before you go off. It sounds like you have no experience and its not as easy as it looks. If you do the job the wrong way then you leave yourself with no profit and one angry customer which gives you a bad rep. just my 2 cents

clyde
02-14-2006, 04:52 PM
I appreciate the advice. I agree with both of you guys but this still doesn't answer my question. I have done several waterscapes working with stones and etc... and retaining walls. But never a paver job and b4 i do give a bid i wanted to make sure i was going about it correctly.

hortiscape
02-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Did you do the other jobs correctly? and how did you price them?
My point is we all have to start somewhere and lets face it, during the learning curve the customer always gets the short end.
Why should the customer pay experienced installer rates when you are not an experienced installer?

hortiscape
02-14-2006, 08:42 PM
No offense, of course.

cleancutccl
02-14-2006, 10:30 PM
do yourself a favor, take the ICPI course. It will teach you all about install and how to price a job. Everyone's price is different based on the job. Sub this one out and have the sub show you some pointers. Worst thing you could ever do is do this job and end up with a customer spending good money on unqualified workmanship.

clyde
02-14-2006, 10:47 PM
OK how much do u think for a paver job i should sub it for and profit on it? what % ?

jreiff
02-14-2006, 11:14 PM
Lots of books out there on paver patio installs that you could get and read up on...