PDA

View Full Version : NJ home improvement registration

Ideal Lwns & Landscp
02-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Well it finally took effect this new year. I went to go and advertise and got turned away because I didn't have my home improvement registration number. They put this off for some time and I didn't realize it passed this January 1st. The guy told me it could take a couple of weeks to get a number..Now I will be behind in getting new clients.Just another way to get some of our money, albeit only $90 a year. Why can't they just figuire out who PAYS their taxes and get their number for free...LOL!!!! hammer hammer

Trinity Lawn Care, LLC
02-14-2006, 04:59 PM
Have you submitted your application yet? Once you submit your application you are allowed to advertise. We have had this discussion in a thread that I started a while back I believe it was title "Consumer Fraud" something. You do not need to wait for your number to start advertising, but once you get it it has to be apart of your advertisement. If you have not submitted your app. yet it will be longer than a couple of weeks I am sure. I submitted mine back in Dec. I have heard from them once, but still have not received my number yet. The are really backed up right now from what I have been told. The wonderful world of NJ. Good Luck!:)

LB1234
02-14-2006, 05:32 PM
mailed mine in last week in december. Just received the piece of paper today. Just about two months...LOL...whats next.

I'm wondering, can I take the flyers I have received in my home and report them for NOT having there # on the flyer. what a joke!!:sleeping:

Henry
02-18-2006, 09:54 AM
You guys should look into this a little more. There's more to it than just getting a number and paying a fee. At the njlca meeting 2 weeks ago my insurance agent discussed contract requirements and triple damage fines for poor workmanship, which your insurance won't cover. Also, you had to have your application in before dec. 31 in order to pull permits without actually receiving your number. We'll have to wait and see if they actually enforce this.

mrusk
02-18-2006, 10:07 AM
The # is just away for the state to make more money. Nothing more. It will not be enforced! Us honest business men shell out the cash for the #, but the hacks won't and they will get away with it too.