PDA

View Full Version : $1200 CD player

South Florida Lawns
02-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Since my truck is the work truck Silverado it had no CD player.

I got the best money could buy Factory Delphi, the same one that comes on the higher end models.

I found a Delphi dealer that installed a factory refurbished one for $350.

Best of all it has no glowing neon crap, its OEM quality and looks like it came with the truck.

Here is the old one.

grassmanak
02-14-2006, 11:13 PM
looks kind of crappy, and it was way overpriced, you can buy oem used decks out of newer trucks for 100.00

South Florida Lawns
02-14-2006, 11:14 PM
I think it actually sounds better.

They just plugged it right in, no cutting wires simple and clean.

TWUllc
02-14-2006, 11:47 PM
Ebay man, ebay.

South Florida Lawns
02-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Ebay man, ebay.

I would rather spend $350 and get something I know will work and not have to hassle with Ebay should something go wrong.

TWUllc
02-15-2006, 01:02 PM
Should of posted a wanted Ad on here, would of UPS'ed mine thats just sitting for $50.

South Florida Lawns
02-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Are you serious?

Man I should have.

What did you replace it with?

TWUllc
02-15-2006, 05:23 PM
Are you serious?

Man I should have.

What did you replace it with?

I thought about installing a full sized touch screen that I aquired, but that might be a bit too much for a work truck. headphones headphones headphones

Jason Rose
02-15-2006, 06:53 PM
you paid how much for that??? I would have jacked the one out of the dash of my truck for $1200 for you!

I actually would like to get a different head unit for my truck, something with more adjustability since I have an amp and sub under the back seat. I just HATE all the aftermarket stereos though, the buttons are all teeny tiny and the displays are just too goofball looking. If I got one though I'd get one with a steering wheel mounted remote. The stock unit is set up perfect so that I can rest my wrist on the gear shift in drive and punch the channels with my fingers. The aftermarket ones you can't do that with...

RedWingsDet
02-15-2006, 08:23 PM
Damn, you overpaid. Those factory ones are only $50 here.

My bro got one just like that, brand new, stock cd player, that also plays mp3's and displays the station name and title, but for his dakota for $50.

But ya man, you WAYYY overpaid.

South Florida Lawns
02-15-2006, 08:41 PM
I paid $350 for a radio thats $1200 new from a GM dealer.

I kinda worded it wrong.

Yeah I hate aftermarket radio's they just look bad and the quality is usually junk.

Is that like a shelf spacer in your Silverado?

TWUllc
02-15-2006, 11:20 PM
Yeah I hate aftermarket radio's they just look bad and the quality is usually junk.

Is that like a shelf spacer in your Silverado?

Assuming you were refering to my picture with the shelf spacer; Its just one type of dash kit that are made for GM's. I opted for that one because of the little storage space. I almost NEVER use it, only when I have a key that I don't want to loose.

I gotta disagree with some of you though. Man, those OEM stereos are U-G-L-Y. I took mine out the day after I picked up the truck. YUCK! And for the quality issues, its the same with everything else. You get what you pay for. The one pictured is going on its 4th year. headphones

no1knosme12203
02-15-2006, 11:52 PM
Should of posted a wanted Ad on here, would of UPS'ed mine thats just sitting for $50.

If you are serious, Email me at No1knosme12203@yahoo.com! I am very interested in it!

Thanks,
Nick