PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailer accessories

PROCUTSLAWNCARE
02-14-2006, 11:05 PM
I just bought a Enclosed trailer and I need some help finding stuff for the inside of it. I know trimmer trap has trimmer holders but anyone know where I can find blower holders? Anything else for the inside of the trailer would be great aswell. Maybe a website or something carries all these things? Thanks for any info!

Mario.

LB1234
02-14-2006, 11:30 PM
I've used a lot of the rack'em products. Expensive but have worked well.

http://www.rackemmfg.com/

I have there shelf kit for up front, two racks for trimmers/chainsaws, and two racks for backpack blowers...no wait only one the other was some other brand...can't remember what, and we also have three of there gas can racks...two five gallon and one 2.5? gallon.

For trimmers I used that thing you find at home ripoff to hang them on a wall. Works well with two bungees one in middle one on bottom.

I built my own shelf for the door to hold cans of wd40, oil, grease, etc.

supercuts lawn maint
02-14-2006, 11:35 PM
I love using the buyers rack. the hold the trimmers really well. keeps them from bouncing around.

ToroLandscaper
02-14-2006, 11:56 PM
How does the rack for the front of the trailer work?

pasto_guy
02-15-2006, 01:30 AM
I'm glad to see this thread. I too an debating on how to mount some of my things in my trailers. Shovels, gas cans, rakes, etc. I just took two of my trimmer traps out of my trailers because we have to hop over mowers to get to them, kind of a pain. I made a shelf up front to lay them in. Lets see some pics of your guys set-ups.

rodfather
02-15-2006, 08:04 AM
try Etrackstorage.com That's what we use.

LB1234
02-15-2006, 11:31 AM
How does the rack for the front of the trailer work?

Basically there are four 'rails' that run on the left and right side of the trailer. Then a mechanism attaches to 'holes' in the rails so you can choose the two heights you want. Then, simply cut the 2x4's to length, lay a pice of ply across and walla, your pretty much done. We did cut the ply to size and rounded it to the contour of the front of the trailer. We also took a piece of 1x10 pine and attached to the front of the shelf so nothing would slide off the shelf.

I will try and take some pics in the next week, but my trailer has about 20" of snow surrounding it and I don't feel like getting my feet wet.

Rich's LS
02-15-2006, 08:02 PM
I like the www.greentouch.com stuff...

qualitylawnmanagement
02-15-2006, 08:26 PM
Northerntool.com has them, also lesco.com and landscapersupply.com has them.

PROCUTSLAWNCARE
02-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Thanks for all your help guys... I will keep in touch as I start to buy some of these products.

Thanks

QuadRacer041
11-25-2007, 07:27 AM
try Etrackstorage.com That's what we use.

i am looking to get this set up for my enclosed trailer. i went to the site but dont see a nice backpack hook listed. when you look at the picture on the site i can see a back pack hanging on a nice hook that would be perect but dont see it listed to buy.

rodfather
11-25-2007, 07:32 AM
i am looking to get this set up for my enclosed trailer. i went to the site but dont see a nice backpack hook listed. when you look at the picture on the site i can see a back pack hanging on a nice hook that would be perect but dont see it listed to buy.

I have 3 but can't remember how much they are, sorry.

QuadRacer041
11-25-2007, 07:37 AM
I have 3 but can't remember how much they are, sorry.

lol this piont i just want to know how to get them, think i should just call them?

supercuts
11-25-2007, 07:50 AM
i couldnt imagine spending another $1k to set up the inside of my trailer. a few hours, alittle imagination, mine was setup with scraps from around the yard. i used pvc mounted horizontally to slide shovels/rakes into, on the other side i used 2x4's with hooks used to hang bicycles as trimmer racks, and some 2x4's and plywood made my shelf in the front. a few hours later i saved a $1000 dollars on all that fancy stuff. the only thing i dont have is back pack racks, but they sit on the shelf i made, along with gas cans, chain saws, hedge trimmers ect.

you need to remember, when the mowers are in, your not going to be getting things off the wall, only when the mowers are out. so, during the day, my trimmers/backpacks stay in the back of the truck. it saves alot of time. i couldnt think about parking the mowers on the street to wait for the trimmers/blowers to get back in, only to restart the mowers and load them. assuming thats 2 mins a lawn, after 20 lawns, youve just wasted 40 mins, 2-3 lawns $70-$140 a day, $350-$700 worth a week plus the $1000 wasted in racks.

rodfather
11-25-2007, 07:55 AM
lol this piont i just want to know how to get them, think i should just call them?

may as well, Precison Trailers

QuadRacer041
11-25-2007, 08:53 AM
i couldnt imagine spending another $1k to set up the inside of my trailer. a few hours, alittle imagination, mine was setup with scraps from around the yard. i used pvc mounted horizontally to slide shovels/rakes into, on the other side i used 2x4's with hooks used to hang bicycles as trimmer racks, and some 2x4's and plywood made my shelf in the front. a few hours later i saved a $1000 dollars on all that fancy stuff. the only thing i dont have is back pack racks, but they sit on the shelf i made, along with gas cans, chain saws, hedge trimmers ect.

you need to remember, when the mowers are in, your not going to be getting things off the wall, only when the mowers are out. so, during the day, my trimmers/backpacks stay in the back of the truck. it saves alot of time. i couldnt think about parking the mowers on the street to wait for the trimmers/blowers to get back in, only to restart the mowers and load them. assuming thats 2 mins a lawn, after 20 lawns, youve just wasted 40 mins, 2-3 lawns $70-$140 a day, $350-$700 worth a week plus the $1000 wasted in racks.

well i dont know how you would setup things when you wouldnt be able to get them off the wall, but my setup now has trimmers and blowers on the walls and i can get them on and off just fine with my mowers still in the trailer.
also i dont know were you come up with $1k either, you can keep your homemade stuff and ill do mine my way. my post didnt really ask for opinions on if you like what i wanted my setup to be, just were i could get the items i was looking for.
but thanks anyway.