PDA

View Full Version : new idea

Mark B
02-15-2006, 12:24 AM
I was messing in the kitchen this evening. I had a 1 gallon OJ jug. The light went off (in my pea brain) and I took a 3/4" barb fitting and it went right in the jug perfect. I guess my point is that I get tired of not being able to find those small black fittings. But now that should not be a problem at all.

PurpHaze
02-15-2006, 09:09 AM
I was messing in the kitchen this evening. I had a 1 gallon OJ jug. The light went off (in my pea brain) and I took a 3/4" barb fitting and it went right in the jug perfect. I guess my point is that I get tired of not being able to find those small black fittings. But now that should not be a problem at all.

Must be a southern thing. Usually when a cartoon character has an idea the light goes on. j/k :laugh:

They say that "necessity is the mother of invention". Whatever works for you is fine by me. :)

Wet_Boots
02-15-2006, 09:56 AM
If you used the Rainbird brand, then they'd be <u>grey</u> &frac34;" barbed elbows you can't find.

Dirty Water
02-15-2006, 11:45 AM
If you used the Rainbird brand, then they'd be <u>grey</u> &frac34;" barbed elbows you can't find.

Of if you use the Lasco brand, they would be Blue...and superior :)

Wet_Boots
02-15-2006, 12:21 PM
Blue schmoo, as long as they work, and are made of good material. Rainbird colored only the ¾" elbow grey elbow, so you can quickly distinguish it from the &frac12;" one.

Mark B
02-15-2006, 12:24 PM
well it will be cool to have them in a container with a screw top on them so they don't end up every where in the trailer. I container for 3/4" and 1 fer 1/2..hammer

Dirty Water
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
well it will be cool to have them in a container with a screw top on them so they don't end up every where in the trailer. I container for 3/4" and 1 fer 1/2..hammer

I have one of those plastic organizer bins from walmart with 3 drawers.

Top drawer is full of 1/2 gallon milk cartons cut in half, I store gelcaps, Marlex fittings and MPT to Barb fittings there.

Middle drawer is a all 1" fittings, bottom drawer is 3/4" fittings. I rarely use half inch so all of those fittings are in a tray in one of the utility bins of my truck.

This sort of organizer:

http://www.cottonchipper.com/uploaded_images/chipstorage1-749799.jpg

Dirty Water
02-15-2006, 09:40 PM
Blue schmoo, as long as they work, and are made of good material. Rainbird colored only the ¾" elbow grey elbow, so you can quickly distinguish it from the ½" one.

I like Lasco's for their unique double helix barb. Much easier to work with than rainbirds design, and they are made of acetal, not ABS.

They call them "Blue twisters".

http://www.uicorp.net/Golf/Lasco/LasBlueTwister2.gif

PurpHaze
02-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey... I have an organizer idea for barbed fittings for use with poly since you guys will even argue about colors. I DON'T USE THEM SO I DON"T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ORGANIZING THEM. I can tell the difference between a 1/2" SS 90 el all the way up to an 8" one. :laugh:

sheshovel
02-15-2006, 10:17 PM
So sad so very very sad you have not been introduced to organizing plasticware yet sleepyhead IE Tupperware for instance?

PurpHaze
02-15-2006, 10:26 PM
So sad so very very sad you have not been introduced to organizing plasticware yet sleepyhead IE Tupperware for instance?

Hey... That's what my sandwich goes in when I put it in my lunchbox. Hope I don't get my sandwich confused with a barbed fitting. hammer

Wet_Boots
02-16-2006, 01:14 AM
they are made of acetal, not ABSSilly goose - all 'premium' barbed fittings are made from acetal. Rainbird. Toro. Acetal gives them the built-in 'lubricity' that keeps them from binding in threaded fittings/and or heads. When Toro invented them, they touted that they were made of Delrin<sup>&reg;</sup> plastic, in much the same way that they once said their plastic sprinklerheads were made from Cycolac<sup>&reg;</sup> "the football helmet plastic" ~ being that we are all so much smarter nowadays, we don't often use brand names for plastic materials anymore.