PDA

View Full Version : heavy truck

texas
02-15-2006, 06:22 PM
planning to haul a 20*7 trailer. should i get ford f250 or chevy 2500hd? 4x2 or 4x4? gas or diesel? is diesel worth the xtra 5000 plus filters, oil, higher fuel prices? :confused:

qualitylawnmanagement
02-15-2006, 06:37 PM
Are you buying new? If i were you I would go buy a new g m c 3500hd pick up.

Gravel Rat
02-15-2006, 06:48 PM
I would go with a 3500 SRW its has more "Legal Payload" what really matters to the DOT is what is printed on the door post.

As for gas or diesel I prolly would say go with the Duramax you definatly don't want the 8.1 litre big block it will drain your wallet faster than your wife or girlfriend will.

Travis Followell
02-15-2006, 08:05 PM
planning to haul a 20*7 trailer. should i get ford f250 or chevy 2500hd? 4x2 or 4x4? gas or diesel? is diesel worth the xtra 5000 plus filters, oil, higher fuel prices? :confused:

Both are good trucks. get whichever one is cheaper and/or from the best dealer. Just test drive them both.

Definately get the diesel. A lot more fun to drive, a lot more power, will pull your trailer better and burn less fuel doing it, sounds better and lasts longer with less maintenance.

RedWingsDet
02-15-2006, 08:09 PM

Doesnt matter if its a ford or chevy or dodge. All have thier problems, but the best part is their all american car companys. However, I am still bias towards chevy.

But I would get a 4x2 because you wont be plowing, and depending on how many miles you will put on your truck will depend on if you get a gas or diesel. My rule of thumb is that if you put over 35-40k miles on your truck per year, get a diesel.

Jpocket
02-15-2006, 08:12 PM
Get a 2500HD they have an awsome Power train, and the Interior is First Class. If your are towing a heavy trailer atleast get the Big Block with the Allison. I think I would prefer the diesel. Although I have a 2500HD with the 6.0 which is a great motor with Tons of Power

texas
02-15-2006, 08:35 PM
But I would get a 4x2 because you wont be plowing.

what you mean theres no snow plowin in south eastern texas????!!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :)

zim bob the landscaper
02-15-2006, 09:02 PM
get a chevy 2500 or a 2500HD or the 3500HD IMO there really nice trucks and look the best.

qualitylawnmanagement
02-15-2006, 09:18 PM
get a chevy 2500 or a 2500HD or the 3500HD IMO there really nice trucks and look the best.

What zim said, 2500hd or even the 3500hd that's what I'm planning on going too.

lawnmaniac883
02-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Neither, get a dodge 2500 w/ HO cummins...:cool:

texas
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
i dont really like dodges.:nono:

qualitylawnmanagement
02-15-2006, 09:43 PM
Go with a new g m c 3500hd srw. These are sweet trucks. I went and looked at a fully loaded reg cab with plow and spreader for $30,000. Can't beat that.

Stafford Landscaping
02-15-2006, 10:46 PM
I'm sorry maybe I'm different but I like my 2000 F-250 POWER STROKE 6 speed it pulls my enclosed trailer with all the mowers and equipment. and also I pull my bobcat and tractor around with it too. and never had any problems
with it. But thats just my 2 cents

zim bob the landscaper
02-15-2006, 10:47 PM
Go with a new g m c 3500hd srw. These are sweet trucks. I went and looked at a fully loaded reg cab with plow and spreader for $30,000. Can't beat that.
wow what a price man.

zim bob the landscaper
02-15-2006, 10:49 PM
yea i like chevys/gmc's but hey man u ask those qeustions here you'll get all kinds of answers look around test drive all sorts of trucks just make sure u get a nice one.

lawnmaniac883
02-15-2006, 10:52 PM
In that case, go with chebby...no powerpuke.

Smalltimer1
02-15-2006, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry maybe I'm different but I like my 2000 F-250 POWER STROKE 6 speed it pulls my enclosed trailer with all the mowers and equipment. and also I pull my bobcat and tractor around with it too. and never had any problems
with it. But thats just my 2 cents

I second that, I just can't see myself driving a Durajap diesel.

zim bob the landscaper
02-15-2006, 11:05 PM
I second that, I just can't see myself driving a Durajap diesel.
well at least chevy is the most bought in the world now ford is #2 chevy is #1

RedWingsDet
02-16-2006, 12:16 AM

ZIM, dont turn this thread into a chevy vs ford vs dodge. We have enough of those on this site and plowsite.

Sure everyone has their own oppinion and thats great but dont go starting another war on here, because I know people on here will take your post and start a war about it. lol....

Now I personally like em all, they ALL have PROBLEMS, and to me their all the same and i'll buy what ever is cheapest, as long as its one of the BIG 3!

qualitylawnmanagement
02-16-2006, 07:41 AM
You can get anywhere from a 92-02 250 or 350 with the 7.3weightlifter , anything after 02 on the diesel you don't want. Even the 05 and 06's are crap, my dad's friend bought one been in the shop 15 times this year. But then go for gmc cause they know not to change and engine unlike fordhammer . I'm not saying which is better I was pointing out what to look for.:waving:

Smalltimer1
02-16-2006, 07:52 AM

Incorrect. Chevy claims they are the #1 selling brand in vehicles, they are still short in trucks. Ford outsells Chevy nearly 2-1 in trucks, its not until you add GMC that they even get close.

But that's not the point. I just do not like Chevys because of past experiences with them. Basically I had to do a lot of sporty when I last had one.

Smalltimer1
02-16-2006, 07:53 AM
You can get anywhere from a 92-02 250 or 350 with the 7.3weightlifter , anything after 02 on the diesel you don't want. Even the 05 and 06's are crap, my dad's friend bought one been in the shop 15 times this year. But then go for gmc cause they know not to change and engine unlike fordhammer . I'm not saying which is better I was pointing out what to look for.:waving:

My '04 6.0 diesel has had ZERO problems. What are you trying to say?

GMC is commonly known as Gotta Mechanic Coming.....and rightfully so.

qualitylawnmanagement
02-16-2006, 07:57 AM
My '04 6.0 diesel has had ZERO problems. What are you trying to say?

GMC is commonly known as Gotta Mechanic Coming.....and rightfully so.

Some have problems and alot don't. I'm not saying anything bad bout them us flag , I was just pointing out some things he should watch for. I agree the 6.0 has had share of problems along with gm's and dodge. Maybe they fixed the problem I don't know.

Smalltimer1
02-16-2006, 08:09 AM
Some have problems and alot don't. I'm not saying anything bad bout them us flag , I was just pointing out some things he should watch for. I agree the 6.0 has had share of problems along with gm's and dodge. Maybe they fixed the problem I don't know.

The most common problem is a stopped up EGR valve & cooler, which can be prevented by flooring the pedal about once a week to clear it out, literally "blowing the carbon out". A very fun way to maintain your truck I might add.

qualitylawnmanagement
02-16-2006, 08:12 AM
The most common problem is a stopped up EGR valve & cooler, which can be prevented by flooring the pedal about once a week to clear it out, literally "blowing the carbon out". A very fun way to maintain your truck I might add.

IS there a problem with the turbo's too? My dad's friend blew 4 this year.

Smalltimer1
02-16-2006, 08:43 AM
IS there a problem with the turbo's too? My dad's friend blew 4 this year.

When the turbo is not allowed to cool down properly after a hard run it will scorch the fins on it. 6.0 needs a minimum of a minute of idling before it is safe to cut it off. Chips can also cause turbos to overheat/overboost and therefore go bad from frying the bearings in the housing on the compressor wheel. The bearings in the turbo are very sensitive to heat. The same has been reported on the Duramax and the Cummins especially if there is an inexperienced diesel driver/owner behind the wheel.

qualitylawnmanagement
02-16-2006, 08:56 AM
When the turbo is not allowed to cool down properly after a hard run it will scorch the fins on it. 6.0 needs a minimum of a minute of idling before it is safe to cut it off. Chips can also cause turbos to overheat/overboost and therefore go bad from frying the bearings in the housing on the compressor wheel. The bearings in the turbo are very sensitive to heat. The same has been reported on the Duramax and the Cummins especially if there is an inexperienced diesel driver/owner behind the wheel.

I'll let him know. Thanks.

MMLawn
02-16-2006, 11:04 AM
Really, and I mean REALLY No Offense simply making a point here. This thread (and all the other truck threads) KILL ME! :laugh: :laugh:

I mean 14-15 year olds that don't even have a drivers license yet telling someone what truck to buy... That ain't right... :laugh:

I've owned Fords, Chevys and Dodges and over the years I have had some that have ALL been great and some that have all sucked. RedWing said it, they all are pretty much equal in the long run, so it really is nothing more than personal choice.

zim bob the landscaper
02-16-2006, 04:03 PM
ZIM, dont turn this thread into a chevy vs ford vs dodge. We have enough of those on this site and plowsite.

Sure everyone has their own oppinion and thats great but dont go starting another war on here, because I know people on here will take your post and start a war about it. lol....

Now I personally like em all, they ALL have PROBLEMS, and to me their all the same and i'll buy what ever is cheapest, as long as its one of the BIG 3!
yeah true forget i said that lol.

Smalltimer1
02-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Really, and I mean REALLY No Offense simply making a point here. This thread (and all the other truck threads) KILL ME! :laugh: :laugh:

I mean 14-15 year olds that don't even have a drivers license yet telling someone what truck to buy... That ain't right... :laugh:

It is rather entertaining.:laugh:

Jpocket
02-16-2006, 10:41 PM
Incorrect. Chevy claims they are the #1 selling brand in vehicles, they are still short in trucks. Ford outsells Chevy nearly 2-1 in trucks, its not until you add GMC that they even get close.

But that's not the point. I just do not like Chevys because of past experiences with them. Basically I had to do a lot of sporty when I last had one.

Each brand has Lemons, and each brand goes through bad years of Engine/Tranny Combos.

Ford just has more bad years LOL.

Smalltimer1
02-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Ford just has more bad years LOL.

I beg to differ.....

Let's see....

GM had the 350 diesel from 1977 to 1985 in one form or another in cars and trucks. The 6.2 went from '81 to '90 or '91 and the 6.5 went from '88 to '00 in one form or another. Nearly 30 years of junk diesels.:dizzy:

Then there's the Vortec fiasco with high oil consumption at low mileage as well as knocking that has plagued nearly 10 years of engines, 1996 through at least 2004 if not later. Have you checked your oil lately?

Let's not forget the electric body treatment they tried back in the 70's to supposedly make bodies more resistant to rust, yeah right!

Then the Cadillac V-8-6-4 of 1982....

The Vega and its 'bulletproof' aluminum engine?:laugh: :dizzy:

Need I say more?

Ford has had bad ones too, but to say they have more is really stepping out on a limb since GM is so much larger than Ford.

keepoffthegrass
02-16-2006, 11:56 PM
I beg to differ.....

Let's see....

GM had the 350 diesel from 1977 to 1985 in one form or another in cars and trucks. The 6.2 went from '81 to '90 or '91 and the 6.5 went from '88 to '00 in one form or another. Nearly 30 years of junk diesels.:dizzy:

Then there's the Vortec fiasco with high oil consumption at low mileage as well as knocking that has plagued nearly 10 years of engines, 1996 through at least 2004 if not later. Have you checked your oil lately?

Let's not forget the electric body treatment they tried back in the 70's to supposedly make bodies more resistant to rust, yeah right!

Then the Cadillac V-8-6-4 of 1982....

The Vega and its 'bulletproof' aluminum engine?:laugh: :dizzy:

Need I say more?

Ford has had a tonne of bad ones too, but to say they have more is not really stepping out on a limb at all since GM is so much larger than Ford.

Vortecs engine knock is just their trade mark. Does no harm to the engine. needs not to be worried about. 99+ vortecs are a pretty dam good motor whether it be 4.3 or 8.1. the older vortecs are good too, just not as much power. Buddy of mine just hit over half a million clicks on his early 90's 5.7 L. Has to rebuild it now though because his worker filled it with non oil liquid. That truck has been beaten to, lots of smokies and burnouts and only one transmission at 350 000.

gmc

Smalltimer1
02-17-2006, 12:04 AM
Vortecs engine knock is just their trade mark. Does no harm to the engine. needs not to be worried about. 99+ vortecs are a pretty dam good motor whether it be 4.3 or 8.1. the older vortecs are good too, just not as much power. Buddy of mine just hit over half a million clicks on his early 90's 5.7 L. Has to rebuild it now though because his worker filled it with non oil liquid. That truck has been beaten to, lots of smokies and burnouts and only one transmission at 350 000.

gmc

Not according to these folks...

GM Consumers, do you have a 1999-2004 (2005?) 3.1, 3.4, 4.3, 4.6 (Northstar), 4.8, 5.3, 5.7(LS1), 6.0 or 8.1 liter engine that displays any of the following problems?
bullet

A loud embarrassing and annoying internal engine knock. Many are defective due to design and manufacturing quality consistency problems. Listen to piston slap here.
bullet

Higher than normal levels of wear related materials in oil analysis samples performed by independent laboratories.
bullet

Vertical piston and cylinder wall scuffing/scratching or scoring on the h a m m e r i n g (noisy) cylinders upon visual inspection. See photos here.
bullet

Reduced combustion chamber compression on the h a m m e r i n g (noisy) cylinders.
bullet

Increased oil consumption.
bullet

Increased exhaust emissions.
bullet

Did GM or their agents tell you they would fix your defective vehicle in writing/and/or verbally when the phantom "New Piston" fix WAS TO arrive in the spring or summer of 2002? GM did in fact admit it had a problem and that its engineering department was working on the fix. The fix was promised to be made to consumer’s engines in the spring or summer of 2002. As the number of slapping engines grew and the cost to repair them grew as well, GM changed its policy.

--taken from the website www.pistonslap.com .

Smalltimer1
02-17-2006, 12:10 AM
Double post, sorry.

Lawn Masters
02-17-2006, 01:00 AM
I love the Cummins, and Ford with the powerstrokes in em. the PSD may have some problems in the 6.0 in the early ones, but for the most part, I've heard most of those problems are fixed now, Cummins, I havent seen or heard too many problems with those either. I just dont like the Dmax diesel, its too quiet, like a gasser, I'd rather have one that sounds like a semi, turbo whistle and all.

No one brand is better than another. I refuse to argue that point, theres better things to do with my time than argue like a child about something so petty. if it works, and you're and not losing money, its a good choice.

texas
02-17-2006, 06:45 AM
should i get one of these used diesels? 99 crew cab xlt dully $10000
00 crew cab xlt $20000
04 crew cab xlt $24000

all close by. all in good shape. ALL DIESEL dancing dancing. HAHA
thanks

Smalltimer1
02-17-2006, 10:34 AM
should i get one of these used diesels? 99 crew cab xlt dully $10000
00 crew cab xlt $20000
04 crew cab xlt $24000

all close by. all in good shape. ALL DIESEL dancing dancing. HAHA
thanks

Have an OASIS report run on the '04. It will tell you everything you need to know on that truck as far as its history (if its ever had any engine problems).

UNISCAPER
02-17-2006, 10:46 AM
Smalltimer is getting really good with phototshop I see..

I can give you many first hand accounts of turbos, injection and other engine/transmission related issues failing with newer Ford trucks. The 2 truck years posted, 2000, and 2004 have the worst transmissions ever made with the most failure rates of any truck on the market. If the 2000 has a V-10, it will be a spark plug spitters, as Ford did not put enough aluminum in the threads when they made the heads, BTW, that's a $4K fix.

Smalltimer lists 30 year old trucks that had problems, back way before he was ever a gleam in his daddies eye. GM diesels at that point were beyond junk, they were garbage.

It appears Ford has assumed that role with over 12,000 warranty claims on 6.0 diesels, and 241,000 claims on transmissions since the T/S was morphed from the 4R100.

After switching our fleet to GM (last Ford went a few months ago) we have not had one single issue in 60,000 miles. With Ford trucks, we could count on one transmission per year (at 1800.00-$2300.00 per unit) sometimes, two, the second and third trannies were covered under the builders warranty. Our ecord for transmissions in a season was 4 in one 02 F0-450, not including the one that blew the day our title turned over to it's new owner, who, to say the least was pretty upset with me. So, I gave him half the cost of a rebuild back to make it right, because Ford had never made it right to begin with.

My advice, buy a Ford truck at your own risjk, the risk of having a lot of expensive down time.

TLS
02-17-2006, 11:18 AM

I'd say go with a GM, but like others said, they're all OK.

I'd stick with 4x4, it's not that much more, and I've seen 2wd trucks stuck on wet grass.

I'd stick with a gasser unless you plan on driving more than 15K per year. $5K more is a deal.....most of the big 3 charge $6-8K more for a diesel and related equipment. A 20' trailer full of mowers isn't that heavy. All of your 3/4T+ base gas engines can handle that just fine.

down size
02-17-2006, 01:09 PM
i have a f350 with a v10 wish i had got diesel v10 has plenty of power but knows every gas station around. gm, ford, dodge all good trucks gm has looks,ride and soft frames payload for gm means pulling power not hauling weight. ford has better hauling but not as good ride and not as stylish and harder frame. dodge very hard frame no ride but will out haul ( weight). i did heavy collision work for 22 years i always liked to pull gm trucks on frame rack it was easy money hated dodge . what is the right truck whatever suits your need iwould buy a diesel be american buy american

mmacsek
02-17-2006, 02:40 PM
Uniscaper,
This is an issue I'm having a real problem with, Automatic transmissions. I'll be upgrading a truck for next year and at a crossroads on which way to go. The truck that will most likely get the upgrade is a 96 F250 with a 351 and the EO4D trans. It has been problem free outside of normal wear and tear for 162000 miles. I read the horror stories about these trannies. I had MAJOR trans. problems with the 89 Chevy 2500. I should probably leave those tranny problems in the past but....... I'm on the other end of the country from you and our mountains don't compare to yours but I tow almost everyday so my trucks do get worked. I'm still thinking of standard shift for work trucks. Sorry for the ramble, I'm thinking out loud. Have a good one. Matt

texas
02-17-2006, 06:28 PM

texas
02-17-2006, 09:49 PM
thanks again

NIXRAY
02-17-2006, 10:31 PM
:laugh: UH,UH SORRY!!!!!!!! NEVER (YES I SAID NEVER) GET A DODGE,
YEA THERE GREAT FOR PERSONAL USE, BUT NEVER FOR ANY THING EVEN CLOSE FOR COMMERCIAL. MY OPINION GO FORD, THE COMPANY I WORK FOR HAS 30 F-SERIES RANGING FROM F-250'S - F-650'S BOTH GAS AND DIESEL
AND 4X4. THEN ABOUT 12 GMC'S RANGING FROM 2500'S TO THE TOP-KICK
AGAIN IN 4X4 AND DIESEL AND GAS, SO I'VE SEEN BOTH IN ACTION AND BOTTOM LINE IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A TRUCK THAT WILL FEEL YOUR
RINDING IN A MERCEDES BENZ GO WITH A GMC, IF YOUR LOOKING FOR A TRUCK THAT COULD PULL A SMALL HOUSE DOWN WITH OUT KNOWING IT GO
WITH THE FORD.

RideMor
02-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Since diesel fuel has been mentioned, I would like to pass on some information about the EPA and the 2006 fuel requirements. Effective June 1, 2006 the EPA requires the sulfur content in diesel fuel to be reduced to 15ppm from the 500ppm previously allowed. This is a 97% reduction! Sulfur is a lubricating agent in diesel fuel and it also acts as a biocide. Sulfur is a key component in protecting your fuel pumps, fuel injectors and upper cylinder components. What will you do to protect your equipment and the many thousands of dollars you have at risk? The simplest and most cost effective solution is TK-7SCF Fuel Products. TK-7SCF 704HS is the formula specifically blended for diesel fuel. During the combustion cycle TK-7SCF 704HS creates its own upper cylinder lubricant. It also contains anti-corrosion compounds, metal deactivators and detergents to protect and clean the entire fuel system, extending the useful life of diesel engines, fuel pumps, injectors and fuel filters. You are welcome to visit our website at www.RideMor.com for additional information and to place orders. I would be pleased to forward along any available documentation at your request.

Smalltimer1
02-22-2006, 08:18 AM
Smalltimer is getting really good with phototshop I see..

I can give you many first hand accounts of turbos, injection and other engine/transmission related issues failing with newer Ford trucks. The 2 truck years posted, 2000, and 2004 have the worst transmissions ever made with the most failure rates of any truck on the market. If the 2000 has a V-10, it will be a spark plug spitters, as Ford did not put enough aluminum in the threads when they made the heads, BTW, that's a $4K fix.

Smalltimer lists 30 year old trucks that had problems, back way before he was ever a gleam in his daddies eye. GM diesels at that point were beyond junk, they were garbage.

It appears Ford has assumed that role with over 12,000 warranty claims on 6.0 diesels, and 241,000 claims on transmissions since the T/S was morphed from the 4R100.

After switching our fleet to GM (last Ford went a few months ago) we have not had one single issue in 60,000 miles. With Ford trucks, we could count on one transmission per year (at 1800.00-$2300.00 per unit) sometimes, two, the second and third trannies were covered under the builders warranty. Our ecord for transmissions in a season was 4 in one 02 F0-450, not including the one that blew the day our title turned over to it's new owner, who, to say the least was pretty upset with me. So, I gave him half the cost of a rebuild back to make it right, because Ford had never made it right to begin with.

My advice, buy a Ford truck at your own risjk, the risk of having a lot of expensive down time.

Not photoshop, you know the link you should try it sometime and take those blinders off. Piston slap has been a problem for GM for 10 years now and there seems to be no end in sight. Over 1/2 a million cases of it reported.

The Fords Uni had problems with already had 200k on them and were 25 years old.....

Chevy--like a rock, sitting on roadsides everywhere. I have many first hand accounts of dead Allisons as well over 100 in my hometown. Watched a brand new C4500 last week get hauled into Chris Leith Chevy in Wake Forest for a new Allison on the back of all trucks, an F-550. GM=more downtime, more $$$$ spent in shops, less productivity, more headaches, more Tylenol costs.

UNISCAPER
02-22-2006, 10:11 AM
The Fords Uni had problems with already had 200k on them and were 25 years old.....

They must teach alot of math in farm engineering class too. When is 1998, 2001, and 2002 deducted from 2006 25?????????

Now when I add those failed trucks to the older trucks with E4OD and 4R100 transmissions, you got alot of scrap metal.

"GM=more downtime, more $$$$ spent in shops, less productivity, more headaches, more Tylenol costs."

Another case of a boy hopelessly trapped within the membrane of a blue bubble. The gasses inside that bubble are really efecting your way to add and subtract, unless it was your professors, and I can understand that, mkost of them arwe so liberally whacked they can't count.

I have the numbers that show otherwise within my company. Those are all that really matter. Ford trucks cost our company 38% more per unit to operate and keep on the road than GM trucks. Ford has not made a transmission since they phased out the C-6. Now they are not even making diesels. They remind me of the old GM garbage of the 70's and 80's. And Ford's numbers are down to reflect their failures. Case closed.

UNISCAPER
02-22-2006, 10:42 AM
There is one other thing the slef proclaimed expert authority on Ford trucks has not disclosed. The 25 or so of my friends, peers, and colleagues whom I communicate with, see at conventions, give and take advice from around the country who have Ford fleets, and have had transmission and turbo failures.

I realize the gas from the blue bubble clouds his view on these real life matters, but they are what they are.

That brings me to MMacsecs post. I agree on the automatic transmission issue and the mountains. Our newest truck is a 9 speed stick, it has more power than we can ever use and, it will continue flawlessly for an indefinite period of time. All Automatics under these severe loads will eventually make expensive noises. My frustration is when one particular brand is seen on the road sides sitting in pools of oil more than others, that brand I need not mention for fear of bursting anyones bubble.

I had numerous E4OD failures, as did many of my friends who plow back east. The biggest problem with all automatics is heat, but then you can't rid heat from a transmission that does not pump fluid in reverse (E4OD, 4R100, T/S trannies) and, with the tight areas we work, we cannot help but back up under load. If mostly all you do is pull forward, I have no doubt that 150K can be attained.

Anyhow, enough reality checking here. It's a gross waste of time, which this morning, I have very little to spare. Everyone have a great day!

neversatisfiedj
02-22-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm getting rid a my dodge 2500 cummins and getting an F-550 Diesel

Smalltimer1
02-22-2006, 12:50 PM
They must teach alot of math in farm engineering class too. When is 1998, 2001, and 2002 deducted from 2006 25?????????

Now when I add those failed trucks to the older trucks with E4OD and 4R100 transmissions, you got alot of scrap metal.

"GM=more downtime, more $$$$ spent in shops, less productivity, more headaches, more Tylenol costs."

Another case of a boy hopelessly trapped within the membrane of a blue bubble. The gasses inside that bubble are really efecting your way to add and subtract, unless it was your professors, and I can understand that, mkost of them arwe so liberally whacked they can't count.

I have the numbers that show otherwise within my company. Those are all that really matter. Ford trucks cost our company 38% more per unit to operate and keep on the road than GM trucks. Ford has not made a transmission since they phased out the C-6. Now they are not even making diesels. They remind me of the old GM garbage of the 70's and 80's. And Ford's numbers are down to reflect their failures. Case closed.

Consider GM's gas engine failures (>500,000) and you have a higher rate of overall failures in GM trucks than Ford. Hate to bust your little GM bubble that you're trapped in. Real world numbers prove this. Not your little rinkydink fleet numbers. And before you go off on a tangent about my lack of ownership and all that jive, let me just say that I have no need to have a bunch of trucks for backups.

And on the farm a Chevy is the first to get put out to pasture, they just don't hold up. I'd love to see how yours would survive what ours go through. It wouldn't last 2 years. GM's have cost 59% more to own than Fords on the farm. More money spent on the 4 GM's on the road than the 7 Fords.

Smalltimer1
02-22-2006, 12:57 PM
Here is what Uni is blind to:

"The very evidence provided by the manufacturer
(GM) to indicate this condition is not a problem ultimately demonstrates that it is a problem."
California BBB Arbitrator

"...a knocking engine could lower the value
of a vehicle by $4,000 to $6,000 at trade-in"
Charlie Vogelheim, executive editor for Kelley Blue Book
Detroit Free Press

"My 2004 8.1L is knocking with less then 2K miles"
post on pistonslap.com forum (click here)

Lawyers, GM spar over data on engine problems
Detroit News Auto Insider (full article here)

GM Consumers, do you have a 1999-2004 (2005?) 3.1, 3.4, 4.3, 4.6 (Northstar), 4.8, 5.3, 5.7(LS1), 6.0 or 8.1 liter engine that displays any of the following problems?
bullet

A loud embarrassing and annoying internal engine knock. Many are defective due to design and manufacturing quality consistency problems. Listen to piston slap here.
bullet

Higher than normal levels of wear related materials in oil analysis samples performed by independent laboratories.
bullet

Vertical piston and cylinder wall scuffing/scratching or scoring on the hammering (noisy) cylinders upon visual inspection. See photos here.
bullet

Reduced combustion chamber compression on the hammering (noisy) cylinders.
bullet

Increased oil consumption.
bullet

Increased exhaust emissions.
bullet

Did GM or there agents tell you they would fix your defective vehicle in writing/and/or verbally when the phantom "New Piston" fix WAS TO arrive in the spring or summer of 2002? GM did in fact admit it had a problem and that its engineering department was working on the fix. The fix was promised to be made to consumer’s engines in the spring or summer of 2002. As the number of slapping engines grew and the cost to repair them grew as well, GM changed its policy.

We are receiving complaints from fellow slappers who are taking their vehicle's into dealerships for piston slap. Apparently some dealerships are saying it is 'normal' and not giving the consumer a work order, even when asked to do so. If this happens to you be sure to keep the following information for your records:

1. Date of repair attempt
2. Time of repair attempt
3. Service writer/managers name**
4. Name of person refusing work order**
5. Service tech's name refusing to do work**
6. Any other items/notes/observations to show proof you were there

** - Write down names in front of the person.

--taken from www.pistonslap.com

Obviously Uniboy in his GM bubble can't seem to grasp that GM is denying that they are making pickles.:dizzy: :cry:

zim bob the landscaper
02-22-2006, 01:25 PM
Here is what Uni is blind to:

--taken from www.pistonslap.com

Obviously Uniboy in his GM bubble can't seem to grasp that GM is denying that they are making pickles.:dizzy: :cry:
NOT TO BE A @$$ get a life nobody cares about ur dum stupid insults.

zim bob the landscaper
02-22-2006, 01:26 PM
can i get a AMEN LOL J/K

zim bob the landscaper
02-22-2006, 01:30 PM
smalltimer i dont care if u like ford but when its Found On Road Dead you can agree with us.

Dixie Rob
02-22-2006, 05:34 PM
I have nothing against Chevy, but my company uses all Powerstrokes and we have had no problems. All with over 200k miles. We've just used what was comfortable and been tried and true for us. We also have a Dodge Cummings, and it's nice with great interior room.

Smalltimer1
02-22-2006, 06:23 PM

No body cares about your loose lips either.:cry:

Smalltimer1
02-22-2006, 06:24 PM
smalltimer i dont care if u like ford but when its Found On Road Dead you can agree with us.

GMC- Gotta Mechanic Coming

I could say something else, but it would only be stooping down to your lows.

zim bob the landscaper
02-22-2006, 08:26 PM
GMC- Gotta Mechanic Coming

I could say something else, but it would only be stooping down to your lows.
u know a lot of the arguing is funny somtimes i was j/k around i know we have very different opinions.

zim bob the landscaper
02-22-2006, 08:28 PM
I have nothing against Chevy, but my company uses all Powerstrokes and we have had no problems. All with over 200k miles. We've just used what was comfortable and been tried and true for us. We also have a Dodge Cummings, and it's nice with great interior room.
yea i would take a ford over a dodge any day JMO.

Madstriper
02-22-2006, 09:02 PM
You can check out the fords on the ford forum.....www.ford-trucks.com....
Go down to the SuperDuty forum, you can get lots of info and ask any questions you may have. They are a bit pro ford....as am I....but they will give you an honest opinion.

zim bob the landscaper
02-22-2006, 09:37 PM
oh yeah i forgot about this site that you can custimize your own truck from 1500ss to 3500 pick ups i will give the link later.

lawnmaniac883
02-22-2006, 10:12 PM
As usual, yet another pissing contest. Look, zim bob hit 6 feet! :eek:

zim bob the landscaper
02-22-2006, 11:54 PM
i dont care what u say.

any heres the link http://www.chevrolet.com/byo/build.cv?year=2006&make=Chevrolet&makeId=001&model=&modelId=