PDA

View Full Version : OK so what works best on mallow?

AlpineNaturescapes
02-16-2006, 11:11 AM
I posted this on the Speedzone thread and all the pros sped by it. I find this weed tough to kill. Speedzone does seem to work if it's there in the spring, but being a summer weed what do you guys use? Mallow seems to laugh at the usual triplet stuff including Trimec 992. Horsepower or something better?

AlpineNaturescapes
02-18-2006, 12:32 PM
Did I get it right? Everyone's all over violet. No one knows how to kill mallow? What do you go off label or somethin? Violet's easy in comparison. Use Speedzone in spring or fall, and maybe turflon in the fall. I know turflon does fair on mallow in the fall too. What I need is something for late June or early fall.

Forever Green Lawn
02-18-2006, 01:17 PM
I wish I could be of more help, but we've never had a serious problem with mallow that Speedzone couldn't take care of. You may want to talk to your county extension agent for help.
Scott

Runner
02-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm pretty sure 3 way w/ a spreader-sticker will do it. I'll look and see what we've used in the past before, because I KNOW I've dealt with it before...

LawnTamer
02-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Mallow has a large deep root. I have found a little extra dicamba mixed with 3-way does the job, but only use as a spot spray.

AlpineNaturescapes
02-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Horsepower has about as much dicamba as anything without going off label. So I guess I'll be trying it - maybe add a touch of quick silver. Thanks guys. :hammerhead:

SodKing
02-19-2006, 09:04 AM
Drive 75 works very well on my violet infested yards.