PDA

View Full Version : Anyone looking at the Sprinter cab & chassis?

indy2tall
02-16-2006, 01:49 PM
Just wondering if anyone is looking at buying a Sprinter cab & chassis as the base for a box truck? The company I work for has several of the extra long wheelbase Sprinter vans and they get almost 19 mpg in hard stop and go city driving. I am thinking 20 mpg or better is possible if your not mashing the pedal. I think that is even better than the Isuzu cabovers.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-16-2006, 02:16 PM
I have thought about one. ITs a long range plan, maybe with a flatbed or small dump. A friend of mine works at a dealership that sells them. He is a parts delivery person and he gets around 22mpg on his.

wayne

indy2tall
02-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Wayne it looks like we must be the only two looking at the Sprinter cab and chassis. I think it will be another year or two before many start considering them, they are just too new right now. I am a part time LCO right now (25 to 30 accounts) so I cannot justify buying a new truck till after I get my equipment storage problems fixed.

UNISCAPER
02-25-2006, 11:28 AM
We are going to set one up for the irrigation maintenance crew. The Mercedes Diesel is very effiecient, and rumor has it after 2007, it is going to replace the Cummins in the Dodge pick up truck line, which, makes sense business wise, but unless it has more power, would be a mistake. MB diesels are smooth, will run for 500,000 miles easily, tested, tried and dependable, I'm just not sure they will be a hit in the American market especially in the wake of every manufacturer in the quest for more HP. All the pick up truck engines from every manufacturer have pleanty of power, they don't need more ponies. But, that seems to be the sales ploy right now.