PDA

View Full Version : Shrubbery info

guntruck
04-16-2001, 10:42 PM
Hey fellers, i am getting alot of calls for shrubbery installs. I am not a shrub king, in fact im only familiar with the few basic ones around here. Is there any book or encyclopedia of shrubs that i can purchase and take to potential clients so they can look and pick and choose what they want. I got a price list from my local shemin nursery and they are all in botanical names, man am i lost!!!!!! I cant even find the simple stuff in there, i think they made it for horticultural einsteins!!!! Thanks

Lanelle
04-16-2001, 10:59 PM
Is this the Shemins in White Marsh? Look for the Photo book that they carry and also the Woody Ornamentals book by Michael Dirr. Also, Horticopia makes a set of cd's with pictures that you can print out. The latin botanical names actually help keep down confusion because common names change from region to region.

guntruck
04-17-2001, 09:12 PM
Yes Lanelle this is the shemins in white marsh, how did you know? And thanks for the info i'll check it out. =)

lawnboy82
04-17-2001, 09:23 PM
go dirr. michael dirr. good books for any landscaper. get the big one (woody trees and shrubs) and get a picture one. the books should be at shemins. they will have both latin and common names and doing the conversion isnt that hard.