PDA

View Full Version : mechanical question on F550

yards
02-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Having a problem restarting 01 F550, 62k miles. Someone suggested the valve cover internal wire harness has a habit of going bad on these 7.3 power stroke diesels, has anyone heard of such problems? I've also heard the the cps (cam position sensor ) goes out all the time as well, anyone?
thanks for feedback- :confused: :confused:

NIXRAY
02-17-2006, 10:37 PM
When Was The Last Time You Performed A Tune Up????

turfmann
02-18-2006, 08:52 AM
If I remember correctly, the engine in your truck is the same as in my Internationals (444). I had problems with hot starts (cranks forever before finally firing) but starts fine when cold. That wound up being the cam position sensor.

Travel'n Trees
02-18-2006, 06:47 PM
I Had That Get Rid Of It After That I Lost So Much Money Over The Next 5 Months All The Other Common Problems On The List If Ford Can Ever Get It Running Again It Has Only Been Running 5 Days Since That Happened To Me In September, 5 Dealers Later 4 Dealers Are Their Elite Team. The Zone Rep Said That This Ford Truck Was Not For Use In Dirt Dust Or Rock Or Mulch!!!!

stroker51
02-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Is anything registering on the tach when you crank? If not i would say that it is probably a CPS sensor. I have heard a little about the wiring harness deal, but not like it was a major epidemic or anything. Your local International dealer should recognize the 10 year, 100,000 mile engine warranty, i am pretty sure this warranty is with IH, try to avoid taking it to a Ford stealership. These trucks are perfectly capable of working in dirty dusty conditions, just keep the air filter serviced. It is probably somthing really simple, like i said, it sounds a lot like a CPS. Somebody said their T444E's in their internation trucks didnt like to start when hot, my 96 is like this, but if you let the glow plugs cycle it will start just fine. Good luck with this problem, hope it is simple!

Travel'n Trees
02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
You check with your local FORD Kansas rep. and they will tell you NO! We have the same rep. The air filtration system sucks, ask your dealer for a severe duty one. It's another one of FORDS silent recalls!!!!!!!!!

kc2006
02-19-2006, 08:38 PM
the wiring harness is a problem also, just not as bad as the CPS.

My truck burned the plug and one of the pins in the harness, it shut down one bank of cylinders and ran like crap. The repair kit was 35 dollars from my local ford dealer, but I heard the international dealers are cheap also.

Since you have warrenty, I'd take it in and get it checked out.