PDA

View Full Version : Harley vs Rockhound

1145JohnDeere
04-17-2001, 10:55 AM
Can someone tell me the benefits/drawbacks of a Harley Rock Rake vs a Rockhound? I am interested in buying a skid sterr unit and wonder how much it will help me on lawn grading jobs.

paul
04-17-2001, 11:38 AM
With a Harley you can break up old sod, move dirt faster and bring a job site to grade faster, Rock hound you have the ability to load trucks with your rake* plus it picks up the rocks.

*as long as you have a big enough skid steer.

Matt
04-18-2001, 08:39 AM
The harley will do preperation of the soil such as loosening, grading and rake off stones. The only thing a rockhound will do is remove the rocks from the ground after it has been rototilled and leveled(it will level a little, but not like a harley). I think the best job done cencerning proper preperation would be to grade the property first, rototill as deep as possible them go over it with a rockhound. Sounds like a lot but probably the best for health of plants.

EarthTech Landscapes
04-19-2001, 03:04 AM
I have two rockhounds they work great. i use them for lawn prep. works great for loading trucks to.

John Allin
04-19-2001, 09:00 AM
We had two Harleys for years. Then got a rockhound. Now we have no Harleys and 5 rockhounds.