PDA

View Full Version : Dark Mulch

PGA
02-18-2006, 10:11 AM
I need a dark mulch that will holds its color. I love the color of hardwood but it doesnt last very long before it loses its color and breaks down. They sell the dyed cedar around here but it turns my trailer and myself a different color.

What other options are there?

robertsturf
02-18-2006, 10:15 AM
The only dark hardwood that I know of is Java Brown, but it is dyed also. Suburban on 135th has it. I have tried other dark hardwoods and they don't hold color as well. If you purchase it after it was just processed it seems to be more messy than after it has set in the lot .

PGA
02-18-2006, 10:25 AM
The only dark hardwood that I know of is Java Brown, but it is dyed also. Suburban on 135th has it. I have tried other dark hardwoods and they don't hold color as well. If you purchase it after it was just processed it seems to be more messy than after it has set in the lot .

I picked some up a couple years ago from the Roe store. After about 7 months it started to get a purplish tinge to it. Maybe the dye wasnt applied properly? Ill try it again though. Thanks.

cleancutccl
02-18-2006, 12:19 PM
you might try to sell the rubber stuff. the mcdonalds here had it applied and it looks pretty good, I waiting to see how it will hold up but I'm sure it holds its color.

robertsturf
02-18-2006, 07:17 PM
Rubber mulch is usually use for play-ground areas. (Safety issues) I would be surprised if you could sell it commercially or to a homeowner.

KCLandscape
02-18-2006, 11:33 PM
Hedge from Marrs - stays dark!!
DURAMULCH..
I hate the colored stuff - too much staining

PGA
02-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Hedge from Marrs - stays dark!!
DURAMULCH..
I hate the colored stuff - too much staining

Marrs Tree Service? Have any info on them?

His Scapes
02-19-2006, 10:22 PM
Around here you can buy the rubber mulch just about anywhere. It looks really good and the color really lasts. However the price is about tripple regular mulch which makes it hard sell with a profit in there.

LB1234
02-20-2006, 12:15 AM
Spray paint.