PDA

View Full Version : Mahts

sgallaher
02-18-2006, 04:44 PM
Did anybody go to the MAHTS show? If so how was it. I did not get the chance to go this year. Was it as good as past years. Seems like thay are charging more for everything. It used to be nearly free in the past. Tell us what you thought of it if you went.

neversatisfiedj
02-18-2006, 08:26 PM
I went . I had a good time. I took the raised patio seminar. Talked mostly about shooting elevations and flowable fill though.

Drafto
02-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I went . I had a good time. I took the raised patio seminar. Talked mostly about shooting elevations and flowable fill though.

I was at that one too, and one of my guys was at the advanced hardscaping applications one at the same time. Apparantely, the sleeve-guy spoke in his just before ours, and that seminar was consumed with flowable fill also. The seminars were pretty repetitve, flowable fill and call an engineer or ConServ were pretty much the drum they were beating all week. I picked up a few new things from the seminars but I don't think I will take any next year, unless they offer some more advanced stuff, and I am not even that experienced!

I did like the town meeting though.

Dan

cgland
02-18-2006, 10:26 PM
The only seminars worth taking are the "business" type seminars. The others are a joke! IMO! They make it sound incredibly interesting and then when you go.................DDDUUUUHHHH! I learned this stuff in Bella Vista University!:hammerhead:

Chris

Craftybigdog
02-19-2006, 07:12 AM
I went to it also I took classes all week. Did you guys take the raised Patios Friday Morning? I was the guy that asked the question about the wall blowing out when they were pouring the flowable fill on that video. It was the raised patio in the parking lot.

neversatisfiedj
02-19-2006, 07:48 AM
Yep - I noticed that too Crafty !

Drafto
02-19-2006, 08:33 AM
The only seminars worth taking are the "business" type seminars. The others are a joke! IMO! They make it sound incredibly interesting and then when you go.................DDDUUUUHHHH! I learned this stuff in Bella Vista University!:hammerhead:

Chris

Nice! I was thinking the whole time I was there, I saw this before at Bella Vista Academy! A whole week of classes and all I had to do was pick-up the phone to get all the answers!

Dan

Drafto
02-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I went to it also I took classes all week. Did you guys take the raised Patios Friday Morning? I was the guy that asked the question about the wall blowing out when they were pouring the flowable fill on that video. It was the raised patio in the parking lot.

Jason,

Why didn't you call me, or PM me? We could have caught up there! I was sitting right next you!

Dan

Craftybigdog
02-19-2006, 02:39 PM
I honestly was just surprised I made it after plowing snow for so long. Where were you sitting and what were you wearing? DId you see me?

Drafto
02-19-2006, 03:24 PM
I didn't see you, but I was right near you. I enjoyed MAHTS but I think interning at Bella Vista would just as good as the seminars they offered. I did take some time to talk with the Delaware ConServ guy and he let me know Smyrna and Dover and the beach areas are craving paver companies.

Dan

bigviclbi
02-19-2006, 03:54 PM
I got into the ICPI classes last minute. Did anybody see the brick grip carrying tool. You can pick up two rows of pavers(vertical columns) at once. $360.00 for a pair. Whenever I talk to others about the prices they get, the more I want to move out of this cut throat area. Sounds like good news for you Delaware guys!

Craftybigdog
02-19-2006, 04:36 PM
Thats great about those guys needing paver guys. Yeah I wish I could have met you, so I can put some faces to these names. Stay in touch!

Squizzy246B
02-20-2006, 07:09 AM
OK OK..I give in! Cmon guys...Help me out here, What the Hell is MAHTS???

Mostly A**holes Having Thankless Seminars??? (no reflection on present company)

Major Assembly of Hopeless Tight Suits??

;) :confused:

Dreams To Designs
02-20-2006, 08:49 AM
Mid Atlantic Hardscape Trade Show. Put on by the EP Henry company, one of the many manufacturers of SRW's, interlocking concrete pavers and paving slabs. It's a great show with many vendors, some decent seminars and the opportunity to network with other professionals or wannabes in the hardscaping field. It has been held in Atlantic City, New Jersey for the last 3 years, I think, because EP Henry is based here in South Jersey and they dominate advertising in the South Jersey, Southeast Pennsylvania, Delaware and Northern Maryland regions. They do a great job of promotion and education and now need to bring their product up to the same level. So Squizzy, the next time you are in the states, the week of Valentines day, you need to make a trip to Atlantic City and join the insanity, and maybe even do a little gambling.

http://www.mahts.com/

Kirk

Squizzy246B
02-20-2006, 09:00 AM
Thanks Kirk..appreciated.

cgland
02-20-2006, 10:04 AM
M inorly A ttractive H ardscapers T alking S h!#

Chris