PDA

View Full Version : Lift kit package for 2wd Suburban

Jacobs
04-17-2001, 03:30 PM
Help!
I have a 1999, 2WD GMC Suburban and I plan to put a 33x15x10.50 or 12.50 MT tires on it.
What lift kit should I go with 4", 5", or 6"? And, what system package? Any prefered tire brand names?
Basically, I'm doing this for the looks and I want to do it the right way and as comfortable ride as possible. I know you guys at Lawnsite.com are expert on this.
I appreciate your recomendation.
Thanks in advance for your help,
Jacob

MTCK
04-18-2001, 02:20 AM
Well, if you're not going to really use it off road, I'd go the majority of your lift on the body, IE a 3" body lift. You'll also need a little suspension 2-3" to get 33x12.50 and more than that to get 15 plus inch wide tires on there. There's a company that specializes in 2wd lift kits, and I can't think of their name for the life of me, but they are THE name. I'll figure it out and get back to you. I know their componlents are blue though :-) Like that helps. Gimme a day and I'll find it. As far as tires, if you're just going to drive around on the road, get either 33x12.50 BFG all terians, or a mickey thompson of some kind for a wider tire.

MTCK
04-18-2001, 02:25 PM
Fabtech is the name of the company, and they make a 3" suspension lift for the new GM trucks. It runs a shade over $400 and is available from http://www.4wheelparts.com They could also answer your questoins about tire clearance.