PDA

View Full Version : How come none of the manufacturers....

Drafto
02-18-2006, 10:21 PM
How come I cannot find any of the mininum radius information for Coventry Wall (EP Henry), Creta (Techo Bloc) or Versa Lok? You would think this information would be important enough to put in writing somewhere! Am I missing something? I know Versa-Lok's is 8', but it is not written anywhere, I just remeber that form a seminar. If anybody knows the minimum radius for 6" Creta, and Coventry please post it.

Thanks,
Dan

UNISCAPER
02-18-2006, 10:31 PM
That information is simply a base toguage the minimum radiuses from.

Keystone Century Wall lists a minimum 16' radius, yet I have gotten it down to 5.5' by using our 20" saw, and incorporating 2 Compac units through the turn that we hit with the meat beater. Interfacing the units allowed us to make pin connections where we needed them at the time.

So, use the posted info, (assuming you find it) as a guide but don't let it be written in the stone. You'll get cooler effects by doing a few things outside the box.

Drafto
02-18-2006, 10:37 PM
That information is simply a base toguage the minimum radiuses from.

Keystone Century Wall lists a minimum 16' radius, yet I have gotten it down to 5.5' by using our 20" saw, and incorporating 2 Compac units through the turn that we hit with the meat beater. Interfacing the units allowed us to make pin connections where we needed them at the time.

So, use the posted info, (assuming you find it) as a guide but don't let it be written in the stone. You'll get cooler effects by doing a few things outside the box.

Thanks Bill. I am aware that cutting and spending more time are always an option:) ! I am working on a design and I have a budget number. so I am trying to put in a curved wall to fit that budget. I know how long it takes us to do a wall without all the extra cutting so I was trying to price it that way. I am just aggravated this stuff isn't in a catalog or spec.

Dan

UNISCAPER
02-18-2006, 10:42 PM
Dan:

That is kind of weird that it's not there huh....

Sean Adams
02-18-2006, 10:42 PM
I looked a few things up and spoke to a rep from VL - check this out....

http://www.versa-lok.com/pdf/TB3.pdf

It is in PDF format - so if you can't view let me know.

Sean Adams
02-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Some more info from a retail brochure....

http://www.versa-lok.com/pdf/VLS204Retail2002.pdf

Drafto
02-18-2006, 10:47 PM
I looked a few things up and spoke to a rep from VL - check this out....

http://www.versa-lok.com/pdf/TB3.pdf

It is in PDF format - so if you can't view let me know.

Thank you Shawn. I have that info in my 300 page spec book from Versa-Lok. I just find it very odd these minute :confused: details would not be in bold print somewhere in the general catalog. I will keep looking for the two, thanks!

Sean Adams
02-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Good question.... If you want, email me at lawnsite@comcast.net with any specific question and I will go to whomever and see if I can get the answer for you.

Drafto
02-18-2006, 10:54 PM
Good question.... If you want, email me at lawnsite@comcast.net with any specific question and I will go to whomever and see if I can get the answer for you.

I will be able to get the answers Monday morning from the reps or my distibutor, I am just mad I don't have it right now.

Dan

chesie
02-19-2006, 12:44 AM
Coventry is 48" inside.

Dreams To Designs
02-19-2006, 08:05 AM
As per Techo-spec 84-05-04 AA
A minimum radius of 1.5 meters (5 feet) with the use of regular modules.

Kirk

Drafto
02-19-2006, 11:04 AM
As per Techo-spec 84-05-04 AA
A minimum radius of 1.5 meters (5 feet) with the use of regular modules.

Kirk

What page is that on in their spec book? I can't find it!

Dan

Dreams To Designs
02-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Dan,

Page E-7, in my Techo-Bloc binder. On page E-9 it shows graphics of structural walls and the radius when using the different sizes of wall stones or combinations.

I'm off for the NJ Flower show, it closes today at 6 pm and I hope we can start the tear-down and finish before noon tomorrow. It's been a really long week.

Kirk

cgland
02-19-2006, 11:15 AM
Dan - Your bi@#hing about the lack of info and it's right in front of your face!!!:hammerhead:

Chris

Dreams To Designs
02-19-2006, 11:18 AM
But Chris, that's what you guys need to pay me for, you just figure out how to dig the holes and carry the bricks!!!

Kirk

Drafto
02-19-2006, 11:23 AM
Dan - Your bi@#hing about the lack of info and it's right in front of your face!!!:hammerhead:

Chris

HELLO D*uche! :clapping: I have no E-7? If I am completely blind and dumb, I will admit it, but I DO NOT SEE this information in the Techo-Spec binder I was given my TB.

You have the same book Chris, can you find it?

Dan

Drafto
02-19-2006, 11:32 AM

Chris

Whenever you want to apologize Chris, I will be here to accept it. You can keep digging in your book, you won't find any radius information other than the homeowner garden walls.

Dan