PDA

View Full Version : Bad fuel

kc2006
02-19-2006, 08:04 PM
Well, determined that I got bad diesel in my truck. I used about 20 of the 30 gallons that were in it and noticed really bad mileage (no lawnworks, didn't get my 20mpg this time :laugh: ). So I go to start it yesterday, ran like crap and sputtered so I shut it off thinking maybe the fuel is cloudy or geled. Go back out today and pull the filter, whadda ya know, brown poo looking substance coming out of the filter and its all over the fuel bowl. So drained the bowl, went and bought 2 new filters and a gallon of power service.

So now I'm out almost 60 bucks because I bought crap fuel...So I'm gunna be a pita and go to the gas station I got it from and present this to the manager. The last time I remotely attempted this, I was treated like the worlds biggest pos. I had called the one station and said I need to speak with the manager about some bad fuel I got there, the lady was really mean with me and tried to get rid of me, I insisted to talk with the manager. He comes on first thing he says "We haven't had any other complaints, so your lieing, I don't even want to hear that you want money, we're the best station around here and we're putting other stations out of business so it's not our fuel"....sat in shock...then I said "All I wanted to do was say I had alot of water in my fuel and wanted to let you guys know about it..." "Oh...well thank you" and he hung up on me.

So this time, I'm going to take the filter, that was changed a few months ago (have reciept) along with the reciept of the 60 dollars in filters and fuel supplement, and I'm going to nicely explain the situation and see what they say. If they get bent, I'll stop him right there (make a scene) and explain the backup plan of my lawyer getting involved...for the principle of it.