PDA

View Full Version : Avg Gross Income

sgallaher
02-19-2006, 10:13 PM
Just to see the average gross income for the LCO's on this site.

gabfer
02-25-2006, 09:16 PM
:weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter:

SWD
03-20-2006, 09:41 PM
This year, '06, my company has jumped from the high $200K to the low $400K.
Growth is possible, yet sustained growth is very wearing.
Two more years than broker time. Off to the college classroom after a couple months of traveling with the bird dog, hunting, wenching and total enjoyment!

Az Gardener
03-20-2006, 09:43 PM
I think we just did this a couple of months ago. I am at 400-K for 05

JJLandscapes
04-03-2006, 10:54 PM
i thoought the gross would be a lot higher im in second year and grossing around 100k already i guess i must be doing something right if im doing that at 21 just off of maintenance

nocutting
04-03-2006, 11:53 PM
i thoought the gross would be a lot higher im in second year and grossing around 100k already i guess i must be doing something right if im doing that at 21 just off of maintenance
Hello JJ,if you think you got good control of your maintance accounts, stop growing that, and start chaseing after the more profitable work[ landscape installs, chemical applications,lawn renovations, trim/shapeing]......you should be able to double last years gross since your expenses should be relative now......a thing to remember is, now is the time you should upgrade your equipment....if your useing WB's get velkys, a power renovator/seeder, a power sprayer,a leaf loader.........see if you can reduce your maintance days due to increased efficiancy.....use your spare days to increase your gross [ but not with maintance].......Keep up the good work:usflag:

CrewCutEnterprises
04-04-2006, 08:22 AM
This is my Second year Full time and we are looking to be about the $200,000 range. Maintenance and Some install, All jobs under 5k. But you learn quick, materials and labor add up, and somehow you dont have anymoney in your pocket.

Raven386
04-15-2006, 11:39 PM
this is my 1st full year and i am looking right now, at 12K profit. if all goes well.

Turf Dancer
04-19-2006, 07:24 AM
Things are going down the tubes here as we now have another out of town guy coming here to underbid all of our commercial accounts and he is still in business 3 years later. He has taken 2 of mine away now as well as several others from other people. I have been told that he did not have to pay for his truck, equipment or trailer. I was told that it was paid for by a couple grants geared toward displaced workers from the timber industry. He has decent equipment and he does ok work although he is not living up to his contracts yet due to his rates being a third of others and almost half of mine they keep him? Figure that out! Well I am positive that my gross won't even be close to $50K this year. I think I am going to have to practice saying "do you want fries with that"

sildoc
04-24-2006, 12:55 AM
Truefully Gross doesn't mean squat. Net is the whole can of beans. I could sell 1 million dollar landscape packages and only net 3 cents after labor and materials. Net is the key. Gross 100000 and net 90000, excelent.... Gross 100000 and net 10000, well lets say you would be better off flippin the burgs.

MJM
05-13-2006, 05:43 PM
"Truefully Gross doesn't mean squat. Net is the whole can of beans. I could sell 1 million dollar landscape packages and only net 3 cents after labor and materials. Net is the key. Gross 100000 and net 90000, excelent.... Gross 100000 and net 10000, well lets say you would be better off flippin the burgs."

Actually, 10% net, as your example above shows..... is well above the national average for this industry. Remember net is after ALL expenses. This includes the owners REASONABLE salary.

Now just because the national average is 10% doesnt mean that is what we should be aiming for.

Mark

hoyboy
05-26-2006, 02:35 PM
good points Mark.

Actually, gross is important as well. Every see someone who grosses $50,000 net $75,000. nope, not possible. However, a company grossing 2 million only has to tweak their expenses by 4 percent and will make more than that. My point is that, while net is important, a large gross will offer much more potential. I would rather own a 2 million gross company that maybe had a bad year and only profited $50,000 than own a $100,000 company that claims to net $60,000. That same company, given a good manager, could net upwards of $200,000.

KINGjosh
05-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah, we did $30.5 milloin dollars in sales last year, I expect my 3rd quater earnings to rise substantaully this year. Look for my symbol on the NASDAQ as "ALU". Invest now!

JJLandscapes
05-28-2006, 11:46 PM
Hello JJ,if you think you got good control of your maintance accounts, stop growing that, and start chaseing after the more profitable work[ landscape installs, chemical applications,lawn renovations, trim/shapeing]......you should be able to double last years gross since your expenses should be relative now......a thing to remember is, now is the time you should upgrade your equipment....if your useing WB's get velkys, a power renovator/seeder, a power sprayer,a leaf loader.........see if you can reduce your maintance days due to increased efficiancy.....use your spare days to increase your gross [ but not with maintance].......Keep up the good work:usflag:

we are upgrading to standers and next year going to be dropping all our large properties that we picked up to fill up the shedule and are not making enough money

once our route is filled to capacity with a 4 man crew im thinking about 200 accounts we have 116 now with 3 people Then we will be looking to get into every other aspect of landscaping once we have good workers and dont need to be doing maintenance everyday or we might fill up 2 routes in next couple years and gain experience doing the side jobs slowly... We are only 21 and in no rush to grow to fast and watch our company crumble

Garden Gate
07-06-2006, 07:15 PM
jj its nice to hear you doing great at only 21...am almost 23 and new to the industry....tell me more.....how many crews do you run, how many accounts.and how many jobs in an 8 hour day.........give me a performance check let me see if its normal for a starter..........like me