PDA

View Full Version : MAHTS show

Frog Lights, LLC
02-20-2006, 06:47 PM
Did anyone go to the MAHTS show in Atlantic City last week?

Dreams To Designs
02-21-2006, 08:32 AM
Noel I stopped by on Thursday and you were out to lunch.

Kirk:drinkup:

Frog Lights, LLC
02-22-2006, 10:31 AM
Sorry I missed you. I was only gone 15 min. What did you think of the line?

Dreams To Designs
02-22-2006, 11:12 AM
I like your novelty fixtures as I believe they have a place in whimsical landscape. I would have to work with the standard product to give you a real opinion. I like heavy duty and easy to work with systems for the designs I draw and the few I am forced to install. The jury is still out on LED and I will wait for others to share their results, but think the idea is excellent and has a future in this industry. Honestly, seeing is believing and I would like to see your product in a landscape and be able to judge it's performance up close and over the long term.

Kirk

Frog Lights, LLC
02-22-2006, 01:42 PM
Thank you for your comments ! We have a great deal of very heavy duty fixtures in the best quality stainless, brass , cast brass, aluminum. Many of our products are waterproof for use in ponds and waterfalls. We have only the light houses in our novelty line at this time. These are selling very fast ! What whimsical lights are your referring to? We will soon have distribution in your area and will be pleased to have you try our goods. Coming soon are many new products that have never been sold in the USA before.
Noel

steveparrott
02-22-2006, 05:13 PM
Noel,

I heard someone at MAHTS was spreading the false rumor that CAST lights are not UL listed. I wonder who it was. Do you know?

Dreams To Designs
02-22-2006, 05:27 PM
I has heard some negative comments come from Nightscaping, not just about Cast but many other manufacturers, especially those using hub systems.

Noel, the instruments, dive helmets and the animal spotlights are what I was referring to. Who will be the distributor?

Kirk

Frog Lights, LLC
02-22-2006, 07:44 PM
Steve
That's funny I heard the same thing was said about Frog Lights, LLC. I even asked your sales person about that???? Futher, I was told that people would be "taking a chance buying our merchandise" Do you know who would say such a thing??

Frog Lights, LLC
02-22-2006, 07:55 PM
Kirk:
Thank you, yes I think the nightscaping guy was having a bad day. We have sold out of our inventory of the musical instrument lights and will only sell them in our markets in South America. They are selling very strongly there. We sold out of the dive helmuts but I am expecting another container of only the large model made of copper and brass. This is selling very very well. The animal spot lights are still in stock and are a favorite with garden centers . Most of our line is conventional heavy duty quality UL listed merchandise. We are trying to have a large selection in many catagories. We will advise who is distributing in that area. Thanks for your comments.

steveparrott
02-23-2006, 11:39 AM
It surprises me when I hear bad-mouthing among manufacturers. Our sales force has a strict policy against this. It's like crabs trying to crawl out of a bucket, as soon as one reaches the top, the others pull him down and none of them succeed.

The Landscape Lighting Industry is growing incredibly fast and there's room for all kinds of manufacturers. The designers and installers will choose based on their experience and the education they receive. The manufacturers who are honest and best educate and serve the market are the ones who will, in the long run, succeed.

Frog Lights, LLC
02-23-2006, 06:47 PM
I also agree Steve. This is a great a business and I enjoy it. We all have different ideas of what should be out there for the contractor to choose. I understand that yours is a valid product and well established. We are trying to develop a quality line of assorted products with choices in various categories for the contractor. Our goal is to provide the merchandise at a price that is reasonable and fair with national availability.
I was very surprised to learn of emails that are now being sent please ask Wade to show them to you. As stated previously, it was upsetting to here from a stranger a quote he repeated " I spent $30,000 to get UL , be careful of buying Frog Lights , they are not UL listed" From the little I know of you I know this is not the type of business you would consign to.
My businesses have different divisions each performing different functions. Anyone who comes to our location and buys direct is so advised. As we grow things will change and in fact they are changing daily. I am working very hard to make all this happen.
I am not looking to bump heads with your company or you, in fact I was disappointed that we could not have a chat at MAHTS. I was looking for you.
You sound like the voice of reason at the "C" company.